Physics 10-17-19 Newton’s Law of Inertia

PHYSICS: Remind me again why didn’t that pen go flying across the room instead of dropping into the bottle? Hmmm…..

So what do you reckon is the inertia of this car? Great start today relating mass to inertia! Now go forth and apply what you know to find the mass of your unknown!

Unsplash.com photo by Rodolfo Mari

11 thoughts on “Physics 10-17-19 Newton’s Law of Inertia

1. I would rate this week 3/5. This week was really a 5/5, but it was only 3 days long. Part of the reason it was 5/5 was because it was so short, and there wasn’t much homework I could get behind on. The lab today was a challenge, but me and Matty endured it. I enjoyed it better because there were less people involved, so I felt like I had to do more work… which makes me feel more accomplished. Turns out Matty and I actually did really well as far as the lab results go. Moreover, these new concepts are a little confusing if I don’t think thoroughly through them. However, it is the first week, so I think I’m doing fine.

2. This week was a solid triumph for me. Although it was short, I got all my homework done and did a good job on the lab. The concepts haven’t lost me so far as well and I feel like I have a solid grasp on them. I hope I can keep this momentum up by knocking out one of the lab write ups this weekend.

3. This week was a 5/5 for me. It was short, but lots was learned. The lab today took a bit of time to figure out, however, we eventually got what we were looking for. I’m ready to see what else this chapter has to offer.

4. Today I had a major triumph. The triumph for me was working quickly and efficiently through the lab today. Labs are usually where I struggle the most in physics and chemistry alike. I like to have a certain procedure set in stone for me, so I can accurately reproduce it. However, this never happens in our physics labs. Today I finally adjusted well enough to the uncertainty of the procedure, and I was able to work well with my group and complete the lab in a timely and efficient manner. I hope to be able to replicate this triumph on our future labs.

5. This week was 5/5 for me cause I actually understood the things we talked about, did well in the test, and kind of figured out the lab. I’m very proud of my work and hope next week will be just as good

6. This week was a triumph because I got through it without letting my stress get to me! Also it was only 3 days so that was good. Hj and I got through an irritating lab and now I get to eat chili and have a sleepover with Abby. Goodnight everyone.

7. This week was a 4/5. I am understanding the concepts, got through the homework with ease, and (although it took us a while) figured out our methods for completing the lab. My stress levels were lower this week which was amazing. I wish every week could be a short week!!!

8. These 3 days have been a 5/5 for me. I feel that I understood what we have talked about from the new chapter, and the lab was relatively easy for my group and I to work through. This week I discovered a new organization tool for my notes, and hopefully it will help me more fully understand concepts.

9. This week I would rate myself a 4/5. It was a short week and I stayed on top of my work. The only reason I rate this week as a 4 is because of the lab today. I want better than 6% error.

10. I don’t even know if I’m qualified to make a post for this week, but I’ll go ahead and say I’m 1/1 this week, because I… wait for it… DID MY HOMEWORK… wait for it… EARLY! I’m kind of proud of that, given that I was working on the beach and I could have just waited until Sunday night to do everything but I didn’t. So I’m happy with myself for this week. Judging by other comments, I’m not so sure how easy making up the lab will be… then again, when have labs ever been easy (I’m lookin’ at you, Dead Cat)

Looking forward to next week, even though I know this ocean-zen will come to a screeching halt first bell Monday morning.

11. This week was a 3/5. While I did perform well on most of my assignments, the issue was when it comes to my tiredness level. I have been exhausted this week. I am so desiring a long nap, but I luckily somehow made it through, thank the Lord. I want to get rest and be ready to take on next week with a MUCH better attitude every day. Not to mention I can really improve on my labs. But, that’s an aside.