Chemistry Assignment for Monday, November 12

CHEMISTRY: Happy Monday! Here’s your assignment for Monday. Read the instructions below very carefully!! (If you have done this assignment already, do it again – but it’s different! The practice will be very helpful for you!!)

Today you’ll practice again on http://www.sciencegeek.net, but instructions for today are different. Today you will need to write the question, and then beside it, the correct answer, and you must turn in your work on notebook paper – but you only have to do 15 compounds correctly from each section. When you get 15 done correctly in each section, you may stop and go on to the next section. Skip a line between each compound. You may write on the back.

Go to http://www.sciencegeek.net, go to Chemistry, click on NEW Review & do the following. On your notebook paper, write the question, and then beside it, the correct answer. BE SURE AND CHECK YOUR ANSWER. This assignment will be graded for accuracy.

Label each new section, and skip a line between each question.
1)  Unit 3: Binary Ionic Compound Formulas (Don’t forget that you DO have to put charges for the ions in the formulas when you show your work!)
2)  Unit 3: Ionic Compounds Involving Polyatomic Ions (Don’t forget that you DO have to put charges for the ions in the formulas when you show your work!)
3)  Unit 3: Binary Covalent Nomenclature (Don’t forget that you DO NOT put charges for the ions in the formulas when you show your work. Prefixes are the subscripts!)

You must have 15 correct answers from each section before you can turn in your work. The assignment is due at the end of the period. If you finish early, use your time to practice other things for the Ch 7 Pre-test quiz.

58 thoughts on “Chemistry Assignment for Monday, November 12

1. I am very thankful for my family and my friends. Im also thankful I have a rood over my head and food on my plate. I ma thankful to have teachers that challenge me and help me get better. That is what im thankful for.

2. I am thankful for rest. This school year has been extremely stressful and I am still learning how to manage my time. I am excited for Thanksgiving break. I hope when I come back to school I am well rested and prepared to finish the semester.

3. I am very thankful for my friends and family. I’m also thankful that this class has prepared me how to manage my time and get my homework done. I hope to keep learning in chemistry class and to keep doing my best.

4. I am thankful for my family, friends, and teachers they have all taught me how to strive to be a better person each and everyday. I would not be where i am without any of these people in my life.
    Hope you have a very blessed and restful thanksgiving break!!!

5. i am thankful to have the opportunity to be a part in your class and learn new exciting chemistry skills! i am very thankful for you as a teacher! also i am so thankful for my friends, family, and the beautiful world we get to see everyday! thank you for everything and have a wonderful thanksgiving break!!

6. I am thankful for all the helpful teachers at Northpoint who push us to do our best even when it gets tough. I’m also thankful that Thanksgiving break is coming up so I can sleep a lot. Have a great thanksgiving break!

• I am so thankful that I get to have a good education that will prepare me for college and also for life. I’m glad that I have teachers that love the Lord and that push me to be the best version of myself.

7. I am very thankful for my private school education and the safety it gives me. I have recently realized that private school education is the best education there is. I have gone to private school my entire life and i’m not sure i would be able to go to public school and enjoy it. Private school from what i have been told is definitely a lot more work and studying but i know that it will be worth it and help me in the future and for that i am very thankful.

8. I am thankful for all my friends and family. My friends help me everyday with anything I am struggling with. I am thankful for my family because they provide for me and are always there for me. I am also thankful the break coming up. This semester has felt really long and stressful so I hope to be able to rest and be ready to finish up the semester.

9. This Thanksgiving I am thankful for a lot of things. Most importantly I am thankful to go to a school where we can pray everyday and learn about God. I am also thankful for my friends and family. Even though chemistry is something I am having to get used to, I am thankful that we go to a school where we have to memorize everything in order to know it for the test. I have found that just sitting down and memorizing the material is so much easier than not knowing it. I don’t have to constantly go back to old notes and the book to know how to do it because I have had to memorize it.

10. I am thankful for a lot of things this year. I’m really thankful that you are willing to take time out of your mornings for help sessions, teaching us concepts when we don’t understand them, and having patience with us. I am also thankful that my family has chosen to send me to Northpoint to not only be educated, but learn more about Jesus. I love this school and the people who serve in it, and I’m thankful for everyone who has been involved in my education here.

11. I am so thankful for my family that provides and cares for me everyday. I’m also very thankful for my amazing friends that are always there for me. Being able to be in a Christian school where we can pray and worship freely is a blessing so I’m also thankful for that. I’m glad I have so many friends that can be a good influence for me and care for me.

12. I am thankful for my family and friends for all they do for me. Also thankful for going to the high school of my choice and having chapel.

13. I am thankful for the blessed life I have been gifted. I have a loving family that cares and provides me for me, extradorinary friends, like Mary (I have to put her in this because I made her put me in hers), that are always looking out for me and bringing me up, and exceptional teachers that are committed to helping us learn by whatever means necessary. For this I have been truly blessed by God and am grateful for it everyday.

14. I am really thankful for my friends and family. They are always there for me. I’m thankful that my teachers are willing to teach us new things to be successful in life. Also that i have a food on my plate and a place to sleep.

15. I am thankful for the opportunity to attend this school. I am also thankful for the privilege to come to school and learn everyday. I think we often overlook that wonderful opportunity because there are so many people across the world that do not get to come to school everyday. I’m so glad I get to have a wonderful chemistry teacher! I’m so thankful i get to be in your class everyday. I’m also thankful for my family and friends! Hope you have a great Thanksgiving break!!!!!

16. I am thankful for my friends and family because they help me through a lot and they always make my day eventful. I’m also thankful for being able to go to Northpoint because I am getting a good education.

17. I am thankful for my friends and family who I am able to spend time with during this break. I am also thankful for my teachers push me to do better and work hard at school, even though I sometimes forget to do some homework.

18. I’m thankful for many, many things, such as food, shelter, good education, and my family. However, the things I’m most thankful for are my wonderful, supportive friends. They are always by my side whenever I need to make an important decision or just need them to rant about things. I am the best person I can possibly be because of them, so I am so grateful.

19. I am thankful for mom who told me to study for the retest even when I thought I remembered everything that I had studied the first but it was different and because of her I made a good grade on my quiz.

20. I am thankful for my family and the life God has blessed me with I am thankful because my family helps me through the hard times and God provides me with the strength wisdom and support I need

21. I am thankful for family and friends. I am thankful for them because they provide the most love and support to me. I am thankful God wakes me up every day.

22. This week, I feel thankful for God’s beautiful creation. Everything in the universe is so complex, with countless particles making up even a small amount of a substance, but at the same time it is orderly and consistent. Even better, almost everything can be modeled with math, and math itself is consistent and even more complex. Something about predictability of seemingly unpredictable systems just blows my mind. I say that as uncountably many electrons flow through my mind and muscles to allow me to type a simple web post. It took humans thousands of years just to create a computer, but God created the entire universe in a consistent manner both microscopically and macroscopically. It’s just hard to imagine how much brain power that took, and He created it all in under a week. That’s not even scratching the surface of His potential, but it is still difficult to think about, and that’s what I am thankful for.

23. I am very thankful for the fact that I get to go to northpoint and I get to receive a good education. I am very thankful for my family and my buddy’s and I’m thankful for good grades!

24. I am thankful for a christian education and for being able to spend this Thanksgiving with my family. I am also greatful for my friends and the people that help me to grow in positive ways.

25. I am so thankful to be out of a school where you fear just walking down the hallway or even saying even just the wrong word to someone. I am also thankful to have a family and a God who love me so very much and only want what’s best for me and my life.

26. I am very thankful for my friends and family. And I am thankful to be going to a school that gives us good education and really nice teachers

27. I am thankful for my friends and family and that I get to spend time with them. I am also thankful for the school that I go to and the teachers that prepare me for college. Have a great thanksgiving break!

28. This year I am thankful for the food I get to eat and that I have a place to stay. I am also thankful for some teachers that care about their students. Thankful for the people who care about each other. Thankful for Chemistry so I can learn new things to enhance my education

29. As I reflect from last Thanksgiving to this coming up Thanksgiving, I have noticed how much I evolved in every aspect of my life. I am extremely thankful that God has blessed me with an amazing group of people that continue to encourage and build me up when I am at my weakest state. I am thankful for the teachers that I am able to learn from and how they are patient with me when I am struggling to grasp a concept. I also tremendously thankful for my family. Even though they have their moments, not every family is perfect, but they are my family and I couldn’t ask for a better one. In addition, I am thankful for God’s grace and mercy because, without it, none of this would be possible!

30. I am thankful for a lot of things but there are a few things that I am especially thankful for. I am thankful for a family. My family loves me and cares for me every day. They push me to be a better person and make me strive for greatness. Another thing I am thankful for is a house. A lot of people arent blessed with a house and it is something I take for granted a lot.

31. I am thankful for all of my friends who are always there for me no matter what. I am thankful for my family because they love me and take care of me every single day. I am thankful for the opportunity to go to a Christian school with amazing teachers who push us to strive in each subject. I am oh soooo thankful for the Lord who forgives me everyday and loves me with His unconditional love 🙂

32. I’m extremely thankful for my family and friends. I’m very thankful for me being able to come to a great school and have unbelievable teachers. I wouldn’t be where I am today without my parents and family being there for me constantly.

33. I am thankful for many things including my friends and family. I am thankful for my school and my home and my mom who works hard to put food on the table. I don’t know what I would do without my friends. and I am also thankful for God who forgives us even when we don’t deserve forgiveness.

34. I am thankful for education and the teachers that really care. Ms. Skinner you care so much and would help me with whatever i needed help with. You are helping me get stuff and changing my perspective on the world. I am also thankful that we have teachers that love us more than we know. They are there to tell us Gods word and help us if we have any questions. So I’m thankful for my teachers and for the things they do that sometimes goes unnoticed.

35. I am thankful for a Christian education and a good family that loves and protects me. I am also thankful for the snow wednesday 🙏. I’m glad I have a family that ours food on the table and a roof over my head and I wouldn’t be here without them.

36. I am thankful for good, caring family and friends. I am also thankful for a good education that challenges me and helps me to succeed and teachers that truly care about me and are there to help when I ask. I am thankful for my church family and a relationship with God.

37. I am thankful for all of my amazing friends and family. They keep me going even when I feel so overwhelmed. I’m also thankful for my church, and my youth leaders who keep me accountable in my relationship with God. Finally I’m so thankful for the opportunity to come to northpoint and recieve a great Christian education.

38. I am thankful for my super cool family, my friends, and most importantly my dog. Her name is Miley and she’s a slightly overweight black lab who is beautiful. I am also thankful for a God who is even cooler than Miley, He has blessed me so much. I am thankful for the upcoming break!

39. I have sooo much to be thankful for and sometimes I forget how blessed I am. God has given me such great friends and family. I’m also so thankful for a good Christian education and teachers who care so much about us!

40. I am very thankful for my friends. They are always so sweet and caring. They always make me laugh and make my day so much better.

41. I am very thankful for going to northpoint. The teachers always strive for us students do great. I am also thankful for living in this country and the men and women who fight for the USA

42. I am thankful for a lot of things. Im extremely thankful for having a chance to go to this school and meet all my teacher and fellow students. My family is especially at the top of my list because without them I wouldn’t be the person I am today. Everyday I have the privilege to wake up in the morning and live my life, I’m very thankful for that.

43. I am thankful for many things one would definitely have to be having a great chemistry teacher like and Ms. Skinner another is the break we get school to visit with friends and family

44. I’m thankful for my family and great friends. I’m thankful for this school I get to go to. I’m thankful for this break we get to have. I’m thankful for my teachers who challenge me to do well and that love Jesus.

45. I am thankful for a multitude of things. A big one would have to be this break from school and homework to visit with friends and family. Another equally as big one would have to be having a great teacher for chemistry like Ms. Skinner and my private school education because without Ms. skinner I believe I would be unprepared for the real world.

46. I’m thankful for an education that pushes me and challenges me sometimes more than i would like it to. I’m thankful for teachers and coaches that try to make me better. Most importantly I’m most thankful for my friends and family that are always there for me when I need them.

47. I am thankful for my family and friends. Thankful for teachers who help us better understand the subject they are teaching. I am thankful I can wake up everyday and have enough energy to go to school and do sports.

48. I am very thankful for my friends and family, they love and care for me. My friends are always there and my family is very important to me. I am thankful for everything they do and have done for me and I love them all