Hon Chemistry 11-2-18 Percent Composition

HON CHEMISTRY: Great job today! Way to apply chemistry to your everyday life!!

I think you’ll find that percent composition problems are super easy to catch on to. First, though, be sure you know which “type” of percent composition you’re trying to fine. Also make sure you can write chemical formulas (I won’t give them to you!) and that you’ve memorized the formulas for acids and those chemical names and formulas for common substances. It’s just plug and play from there! 🙂

flickr photo by Τϊζζ¥

7 thoughts on “Hon Chemistry 11-2-18 Percent Composition

1. This week, I rate myself a 4/5. The Pretest was difficult, but I studied thoroughly and made a good grade. Converting grams to moles or moles to molecules was hard at first, and I didn’t understand it. But, as I did my homework, I figured out how to do it, and it isn’t hard anymore! The Chalk Lab was really fun, and it was cool to apply what we learned in class. Dido for the Gum lab today.

2. This week I rate myself a 4/5 because I learned what I needed to know more about through taking the pretest. I need to not only study the acids more, but I also need to not curve my l’s. At first, I was confused about converting moles to molecules and such, but I figured out it out through working out problems in my homework that I can do it!

3. One triumph I had this week was the pre test. I was originally really stressed about it, but it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. I only missed a few problems due to silly mistakes that can be fixed with more practice. All I have to do to be ready for the real test is continue keeping up with my memorization since some of them have faded over the week.

4. I rate myself a 4/5 this week. I did well on the pretest despite its difficulty. The pop-up labs were easy if you knew the material, and they were also fun. I could maybe work on the mole conversions to get it down.

5. (Please disregard my earlier comment)
    This week I would rate myself a 4/5 because I did very well on my pretest even though I was stressed about it. I understood all the concepts we went over this week, and I feel that I’ll be able to keep up with everything when we kick it up a notch next week. I enjoyed the gum lab today, and hopefully I will enjoy the makeup chalk lab. However, I need to work on my memorization of common substances again to keep them fresh in my memory.

6. This week I rate myself a 3/5. The pretext was really hard. But I was able to do all of the pop up labs. And I also understood all the notes.

7. I would rate myself a 2/5 this week. Although I did poorly on my pretest, I am working on new ways to succeed in the future as well as finding new studying habits. The lessons we learned this week made more sense than ones before.