Hon Chemistry 9-25-18 Physical & Chemical Changes and Conservation of Mass

HON CHEMISTRY: More review today on chemical properties and chemical changes. Can you determine if a chemical change has occurred? And what about energy? How is that important in chemical changes? Let’s play with a chemical change tomorrow!

flickr photo by Theodore C

10 thoughts on “Hon Chemistry 9-25-18 Physical & Chemical Changes and Conservation of Mass

1. This week I rate myself a 4/5. The lab today was really cool! I thought the second part of it was going to be tricky, but after I talked about it with my lab partners, I realized it was going to be fine. The Ring Challenge was stressing me out majorly, but today I stayed after school, and I finished it!! I have been studying for the quiz on Friday, so I feel pretty good about it.

2. This week I rate myself a 3/5. Part one of the lab this week was super cool! Part two was even better because my groups final mass was the exact same as our initial mass! I have studied for the elements quiz a little bit, but the practice quiz we took today proved I am not ready and I need to study more. I also completed the Ring Challenge this week. It was tricky, but I was glad I figured it out.

3. This week I rate myself a 2/5. Buchanan and I did not discover the simple procedure for the conservation of mass lab until after we did a lot of unnecessary work. Next time I will be sure that we have found the easiest method of doing things the day before the lab. Also, I forgot my last web post :(, but this will not happen again because I now have a weekly reminder set to prevent me from forgetting. In addition to this, I am very grateful that you drop a homework grade :). Other than that, I am looking forward to delving deeper into the textbook and learning more about the processes that make the world the way it is.

4. I rate myself a 4/5 this week. I did good on the first part of the lab, but it took a few minutes to realize the easiest way to complete the second part. I was really stressed out this week about the ring challenge. I was not sure if I would have enough time to complete it before the due date, but luckily I finished it at the end of class a few minutes before the bell rang after I finished the second part of the lab. I have studied a lot for the elements and symbols quiz, and I feel pretty confident about it. Overall I feel pretty good about the week, but I did struggle on the ring challenge multiple times before I got it right.

5. I rate myself a 3/5 this week. Part 1 of the lab was really cool, and me and my lab partner were able to finish and clean up within the time limit. We were able to quickly find the most effective method to do part 2 of the lab and got very close to our initial mass. I did well on the elements quiz, but I should have started studying farther in advance. I have not yet completed the ring challenge but hope to next week.

6. I rate myself a 4/5 this week.The lab was super fun. My partner and I finished part two really fast while Also managing to get very close the the actual mass. I was worried about the element test but I actually did really well!

7. This week I would rate myself a 4/5, because I understood this week’s notes pretty well and I got a 100 on our elements quiz.

8. I rate myself a 3/5 this week. The lab was really stressful, and I don’t think I understand it. But Fall Break is next week, so I’m trying to finish strong! It is a relief not to have a test this week. I am ready for the labs on Thursday and Friday.

9. I rate myself 3/5 this week. I did good on all of my tests this week. The only thing I had trouble with was getting the labs done. Jackson and I finished just in time today for the separating mixture lab today. I’m so thankful its Fall Break. I look to do better the next 9 weeks.