CHEMISTRY: Some of you asked about getting a head start on this weekend’s homework. Since we’ll be in lab so much, it’s important that you write your own lab safety contract. Here’s how you do it:
- From the first couple of pages of the Safety Packet that you got in class today (or it’s also here under the Lab tab), write the lab safety statements as your contract. There are 29 in all and they almost all start with “I will…”.
- Statements may be handwritten on notebook paper or typed (must be printed).
- You only have to write the first part of the statement that is bold.
- At the end of your contract – after the last statement, hand write “I agree to abide by these rules.” Then sign underneath and date it
- Due Monday in class.
The other part – the lab equipment drawings, you’ll need to start tomorrow in class. 🙂
What a great first day! You’re off to a great start on a truly tremendous adventure. I’m so glad you’re in my class and that I’ll be able to share this adventure with you! Here is your assignment for tomorrow and for the next few days.
- TODAY – Sign up for Remind. Follow the instructions on the Technology Overview sheet you got in class today. This sheet is also here on the website under the “Worksheets/Handouts” tab. (Your parents can sign up for this also.)
- Read the class info sheet front & back – sign it and ask your parents to sign it (front & back!!!). The Class info sheet is due by MONDAY in class. The Class Info sheet is also here on the website under the “Class Procedures” tab on the top left of this page, if you didn’t get one in class.
- Enter your information in the form below. You may need to use the scroll bar on the right side of the form to get to the bottom of it. The form must be completed by 8:00 A.M., THIS Monday morning, but I encourage you to do it before then!
- Check your syllabus daily to see what we are going to be doing in class this week, for homework, and for the due dates for class supplies!!