Chemistry 4-16-18 Ionic Bonds

CHEMISTRY: Isn’t this a beautiful crystal of copper sulfate pentahydrate? Since we’ve been talking about crystal lattice structures, I thought you might like to see something different than salt!

Here’s the lecture on ionic bonding and writing equations for ionic bonds. Remember, when you write ionic bonding, you’re not trying to arrange a single structure like you do with Lewis structures. Instead, you’re writing an equation that shows electrons being lost by one atom and gained by another atom. And make sure you put the dots in the right order!

Chemistry 4-9-16 Ionic Bonds from Tammy Skinner on Vimeo.

18 thoughts on “Chemistry 4-16-18 Ionic Bonds

1. I would rate this week a 3/5. Overall this week was just a rush of trying to catch up and learn the new topics but I think i caught up some before the test.

2. This week I would rate myself a 3/5. I did my homework and understood what we learned. I studied a lot for my test and I think I did well on it.

3. this week in chemistry was not amazing. I got all of the homework done and I thought I understood the material. The test was a challenge, I didn’t have much time to study with all of the work in my other classes and just general spring busyness. Im looking forward to a better week in chemistry!

4. I would rate myself a 1/5 this week because I focused more on the project than I did for studying for the test.

5. I would rate this week a 3/5. I studied hard for the test, but some of the materials were a bit challenging to memorize and some things escaped my memory easily. I’ll be sure to study harder next time.

6. I rate myself a 3/5 this week because I believed that I knew how to do everything we learned, but when I got to the test all of the info was gone.

7. This week was very stressful and difficult trying to balance the project and test at the same time and I didn’t do so well on the test so I hope I make up for it on the project

8. this week of chemistry was 4/5. I’m almost done with the Project and I feel like did great on yesterday’s test. I’m a little confused on how our introduction and conclusion of the project is supposed to go.

9. I rate myself a 3/5 this week. I did not make it to the help session. Also I messed up on a few Lewis structures on my test.

10. I would rate myself a 4/5 this week because I understood the material and felt like I did decently well on the test.

11. I would rate myself a 4/5 this week because I studied very hard for the test and I feel like I did very well. I also stayed caught up with all the homework and my project is close to finished.

12. This week o would rate myself a 3/5. I’m really nervous about how i did on the test because I could have prepared better for it and I almost forgot to make a post as you can see by the time of the post. Oops.

13. i would give myself at 1/5. I didn’t do good on my quiz, but i completed all my homework and finished my lab.