Hon Chemistry 11-9-17 Polymers

HON CHEMISTRY: Oh, my word! We finally finished the chapter! Have you had a chance to check out the Chapter 7 Stuff to Know sheet?

Also amazing – did you realize molecules could be that large? And so many of them! Don’t you think polymers are some pretty unique compounds? Let’s play with them tomorrow!

Some items for contemplation: why are certain plastics recyclable and others not…and what about dishwasher and microwave safe?

Image source: http://www.packtech.ca/pb/images/img32161428fffbe41e07.jpg

10 thoughts on “Hon Chemistry 11-9-17 Polymers

1. application: This week, I put into practice what I learned from the pretest. I realized when I took that test that I needed to keep looking over information that I already knew so I wouldn’t have to look over it again. I am going to try hard not to let those common substances slip out of my mind!!!

2. This week I would rate myself a 3/5. I am paying attention in class, but I can feel myself becoming lazier. Since thanksgiving break is around the corner, it is getting harder for me to focus. Next week I will put in all of my effort so I can relax during Thanksgiving break.

3. This week I’m struggling a little bit trying to figure out how I’m going to study for everything that’s going to be in the gigantic test in the near future, but I’m taking it one step at a time. I’m doing my best to study a little each night and I am looking forward to reviewing the material in class. A small triumph is that for the most part I can remember all the formulas and such. I’m very excited for tomorrow though to experiment with some polymers!

4. This week I give myself a 4/5. Baylee and I conpleted the lab we missed even though we had computer problems. I also began studying for the test early. It was a pretty great week

5. Application: This week I had to have labs done so they drew blood. They were testing for elements such as magnesium, potassium, sodium, and chloride.

6. This week, I would rate myself a 4/5. I’ve understood everything about polymers and can remember all of the formulas we learned! I didn’t get to do the lab but it seems like my lab partner did well!

7. My triumph for this week is completing all of my homework and all my labs in time. We also finished the chapter and I feel like I understand everything. So I give myself a 4/5 for this week.

8. I would rate myself a 4/5 this week because I am starting to understand polymers, but I’m struggling with keepin the information in my head

9. Struggle: Lately I’ve been frustrated with myself and haven’t managed everything the best way this week, including time.
    Triump: The studying process has already begun for the upcoming test.

10. I would rate myself as a 3.5/5 for this week. I studied well for the test except when the time came to actually take it, I rushed too much and make careless mistakes. I have kept up with homework assignments well