Chemistry 10-4-17 Properties & Changes

CHEMISTRY: So how do you know if something is a physical or a chemical change? Applications, applications! Make sure you can apply what you learned today. Ditto on the law of conservation of mass.

Don’t forget that we will do the thLab: Candle Observation in class tomorrow!

flickr photo by ViaMoi

86 thoughts on “Chemistry 10-4-17 Properties & Changes

1. I rate myself a 5/5 this week in chemistry because I understood everything we did. My lab partner and I found the lab to be easy. I completed all of my assignments which helped me understand the content better.

2. I struggled to finish the take home lab with the candle observations but I was lucky enough to have the teacher show me some grace and turn it in later that day but I am trying now to look at instructions carefully and try to speed up my problem solving in chemistry and I will try to prepare more before we perform a lab. Have a good weekend.

3. I rate myself a 3.5/5 this week. I understood the material and tried to spend my class time participating in discussions. However when it came to apply the material, I found myself doubting everything I had studied.

4. This week in chemistry I rate myself a 4/5. I struggled with the graphing exercise and I finished it. I did well in class this week. I’m proud of how my average came out for first nine weeks! Hopefully with more hard work and determination I can conquer the next chemistry test!

5. This week was a 5/5 for me. The graphing exercises were not too difficult in my opinion and I’m excited that we’re taking a break from the math side of things. Most of Chapter 1 is, so far, review from 8th grade Physical Science (thank you Mrs. Johnson). I’m just a tad stressed about the lab today, mostly because I need to reassess how much time I spend doing each step of a lab. Honestly, I take way too long…

6. I rate myself a 4/5 this week. All in all i feel really good about this week but it has been incredibly stressful. Glad for the break coming up! Im going to come back ready to take on more chemistry!

7. This week i rate myself a 4/5. I was able to complete all of my assignments and keep up when taking notes. The graphing lab was tough for me since everything had to be a certain way,but i feel like i did alright in it. I’m looking forward to another great week of chemistry.

8. I rate myself a 5/5 this week.I thought that the lab was pretty easy and I understood everything. I am ready for another week of chemistry.

9. I rate myself this week a 3/5 because I feel comfortable with the material we learned. To better myself for next week I will try to spend my time better.

10. i rate myself a 5/5 this week. i completed all of the graphing exercises with ease, and the lab was fun and not that hard! also, i’m understanding what we’re learning about right now, since it’s mostly review. i’m excited about the break, and ready for another week of chemistry!

11. I struggled to finish the take home lab with the candle observations and I’m almost done with my make-up lab. I found myself doubting everything I had studied.This week i rate myself a 4/5

12. I struggled to finish the take home lab with the candle observations.I rate myself this week a 3/5 because I feel comfortable with the material we learned.

13. I rate myself a 4/5 for this week. I did well on the graph exercises and taking notes. I am still a little worried about yesterdays lab.

14. I rate myself a 4/5 for this week. I did well on the graph exercises and taking notes. I am still a little worried about yesterday’s lab.

15. I rate myself a 4/5 this week, because when we did the conversation of mass lab I messed up but learned for my mistakes.

16. I rate myself a 4.5/5 this week. I understood the homework very well and kept up with notes and understood the labs we did. Looking forward to a great week next week in Chemistry!

17. I would rate myself a 4/5 this week because me and my lab partner did well on both labs this week and I feel like I took good notes.

18. I rate myself a 4/5 this week in chemistry. I feel like I did well on my homework and understood everything we learned in class. A triumph for me was the Observing a Candle lab because my lab partner and I worked well together. A struggle for me was the Conservation of Mass lab because I was unprepared and late to class.

19. I would rate myself a 4/5 this week. I understood the candle lab real well but,the Lab today I struggled and little with.

20. I rate myself 4/5. I felt like I paced myself pretty good on the labs we did this week.I felt like I rushed myself at the end of the observing the candle lab though.

21. rate myself 4/5. I felt like I paced myself pretty good on the labs we did this week.I felt like I rushed myself at the end of the observing the candle lab though.

22. This week I struggled with separating the salt from the iron fillings. When Ms. Skinner said that we could have no contamination I freaked! But we got the iron fillings separated from the salt and I felt wonderful!!!

23. I would rate myself a 4/5 this week. I felt like I grasped the concepts very well, I was just stressed about other school work.

24. I rate myself a 4/5 this week. I was on top of my homework and did really good on it! I also understood the graphing exercises which got me a really good grade on the final part of it on turnitin.com!

25. I would rate myself a 4/5 this week. I struggled on today’s lab but I payed attention and took notes and did pretty good on my homework.

26. i rate myself a 5/5 for this week! i understood all the material in the notes and the homeowrk. the labs were a little difficult but overall i had a very good week!

27. I rate my self 3/5 because I payed attention in class and took good notes, but I feel I still have a lot to learn about.

28. I rate myself 5/5 this week I feel like I really understood the notes which helped on the homework. And I found the lab rather easy

29. I would rate myself a 4/5! I did really good on the homework! And I think I’m gonna do better on this test than I did the last one!

30. This week I rate myself a 3/5. I understood the chapter so far pretty well. But, I struggled with the Conservation of Mass Lab. Good thing I get to redo it on Thursday!! 😉

31. This week I struggled a little to keep on track. I’m not sure if I’m just excited for Fall break or if I was distracted some other way, but towards the end of the week my lab partner helped me get back on track and finish the week strong.

32. This week I would rate myself a 4/5. I did well on retaking my test and the first lab was easy but I struggled with the second lab

33. This week I rate myself a four out of five I did good on my lab this week but was confused at first I am ready to use my newly learned knowledge next week to fix the errors in the lab today

34. This week I rate myself a 4/5. I felt like I knew the lectures that were taught this week and I worked very well with my lab partner today.

35. I rate myself a 5/5 this week due to the fact that I understood all of the content and most of the labs were quite easy. I was able to finish this nine weeks with a good grade in my opinion and I hope to keep it this way. I just need to focus more and stop stressing about everything.

36. This week was an okay week. I could only come for a few days so i had to watch the vodcast to make sure i kept up. Which I’m struggling a little bit in certain areas but ill be ok. I feel like this week was an unsuccessful week but that just means next week will be a successful week!

37. This week I rate myself a 4/5 I knew pretty much everything that we did but Time management was a weakness of mine

38. This week I rate myself a 3/5 because I struggled with the consercation of mass lab, but I think I have figured it out.

39. This week has been short but actually quite fun. I didn’t do too well on the graphing exercise, but I worked hard on the Conservation of Mass lab. I’m very confident that I will be able to make up for the bad grade with an amazing lab report.

40. This week was a short week but evolved a lot coming off of fall break. The lab was at first difficult but after we understood what to do it was easy. Also I could have done better on my elements quiz, so I will continue to study to memorize all of them. I would rate myself a 3/5 this week.

41. This week I would rate myself a 3/5 because I did great on my labs and everything, but when I took my elements test. I did terrible

42. I’d rate myself a 5/5. Me and my partner did extremely well on the lab. Also I understood everything we did this week.

43. I rate myself a 4/5 this week. I feel good about the conservation of mass we did in class me and lab partner got in there and finished it no problem. I am a little nervous about the elements quiz but I studied a lot and feel that I know them pretty well.

44. My triumph for this week was that I started studying for a test that is next week. Procrastination is something that I struggle with so I was a really excited that I started studying this early. I rate my self 4/5.

45. All in all i feel really good about this week , and i would probably rate it a 5 out of 5. We did in class yesterday lab partner and i got in there and finished it no problem, I feel good about the conservation of mass. i hope to keep my grade up this nine weeks and hope for extra credit to do.