CHEMISTRY: So how do you separate salt and sand? Did you conquer filtering? Make double sure of two things before tomorrow: 1) read the lab before you come to class to do it, and 2) get a head start on the questions at the end of the experiment packet.
Your test is coming up VERY SOON! Have you started studying? In addition to the lab safety packets and the lab safety video, here is some VERY IMPORTANT information to study
- All the lab apparatus – be able to identify it all and know what all the apparatus is used for.
- Know the parts of the Bunsen burner and how to light one.
- Know the parts of the balance and be able to measure mass with a balance AND volume with a graduated cylinder.
- I’ll ask you about safety control equipment and where it’s found in the lab.
- I’ll also have the safety symbols and the information they represent on the test
- Make sure you can both set up or draw and label diagrams for filtering, boiling, evaporating, and heating intensely.
HUGE HINT: Go back and view the earlier posts/slide shows on Lab Apparatus, Lab Tour, Lighting a Bunsen burner, Measuring Mass and Volume, etc. All of these are VERY helpful for the test!!
Also, don’t forget that the entire Exp A-1 Procedures & Techniques packet (including observations for ALL of the procedures you did as well as ALL of the questions on pages 13 – 18) is due FRIDAY.
God bless you as you study! It’s a ton of information, but you can do it!! I’ll be praying for you!!