Hon Chemistry 1-15-16 Electron Configuration & Blocks of the Periodic Table

HON CHEMISTRY: Wow! You learned a lot today! Don’t we serve an awesome God?!? You probably knew the periodic table was really organized, but did you realize that it was THAT organized? Awesome!

Practice what you learned today. You’ll get the hang of it in no time!

Thanks for your flexibility when we switch classes. Thanks, Ethan, for being such a good “pen man”! Since we weren’t able to record today, here a lesson from last year.

HON CHEMISTRY 1-14-14 Electron Configurations from Tammy Skinner on Vimeo.

flickr photo by Rennett Stowe

7 thoughts on “Hon Chemistry 1-15-16 Electron Configuration & Blocks of the Periodic Table

1. This week I thought the lab was fairly easy compared to other labs. I struggled with doing to the pre-lab write up because I was having computer malfunctions. I would rate myself a 4/5 this week.

2. This week we have been learning about electrons and light. I struggled with orbital notation at first but after we did homework on it I got better. I would give myself a 4/5 this week because I understood everything well and completed the lab properly.

3. This week I rate myself a 4/5 because the lab was very simple but the lab write up was difficult because my computer was not working correctly. We also learned how to use the periodic table in a new way and it made me realize in the middle of class how GREAT our God truly is.

4. The flame test we did this week helped me understand the concept of excited electrons giving off light, although I’m somewhat apprehensive about the accuracy of the color(s) I saw through the spectrometer. Most of what was taught in class about the various notations made sense, so there’s a 4 out of 5 for this week from Yours Truly.

5. Our class learned alot in chemistry this week and it was good. We did the flame tests lab which really was amazing to see how those chemicals react with a blue flame. We also learned alot about electron shells which are confusing but im working on it. I rate this week a 4 of 5

6. This week I enjoyed the flame test lab and getting to see different colors of light being given off. With more practice, I think I will be able to completely understand electron configuration. I rate myself a 4/5.

7. I really enjoyed the flame test lab this week. I learned a lot about electrons and how they fill shells. I found it really interesting how we could observe this with the organization of the periodic table. It is neat how God made that possible.