Chemistry 1-8-16 Half Life Problems

CHEMISTRY: Great job thinking through the half-life problems! Be sure and practice them this weekend. They aren’t super difficult, but if you don’t practice, you’ll be as lost as a ball in high weeds!!

What about the Half Life thLab? Scroll down to find the post for your class and for more information.

Help session this Wednesday, 7:20ish, if you’d like extra practice on nuclear equations and half life problems.

Have a great weekend!!

Chemistry 1-8-16 Half Life Problems from Tammy Skinner on Vimeo.

8 thoughts on “Chemistry 1-8-16 Half Life Problems

1. This week as i learned about the half life problem they were hard at first but they gor
    Alot easier as the week went on.

• Radioactivity is very interesting to me and I rate myself a 4/5 because I came to class excited to learn more about particles caused by the spontaneous disintegration of atomic nuclei.

2. This week, I learned about half-lives and how they apply to radiation. It was difficult learning how they worked at first; however, they are easier to understand now. Overall, I would rate myself a 3/5.

3. I would rate myself a 3/5 this week because at the beginning of the week I was completely lost but i’m starting to understand this radioactive stuff better now. I do need some more practice on half-life problems though.

4. I learned a lot of new things this week. I like the new problems with half lives because I understand them very well. I would rate my self a 4/5 because I did my homework well and understood things in class this week.

5. I was really tired this week because we had been off for two weeks for Christmas and so it was kinda hard but I am doing okay with the alpha and beta problems but I’m not getting the half life problems so I need a lot more practice on those before the test. I would rate myself a 3 out of 5 for this week.

6. This week in chemisty we learned about radioactivity. It is a very intresting topic its cool how little things like rhat can be so dangerous. I learned alot this week and feel like I really understand this topic. I rate myself 4/5 .

7. We learned about radioactive decay and half life problems this week. I’m struggling because well I missed most of the week and im still working on being caught up. I think the material will be much easier once I actually practice with it this weekend. Because of all this I would only rate myself 2/5 this week.