Chemistry 4-24-13 Single Replacement Reactions

CHEMISTRY: Good job today on single replacement reactions! And today you got a head start on the activity series. Good job!

We’ve done 15 so far – how are you doing on memorizing them?! Careful though, don’t just memorize. Make sure you can apply them as well. When you start to work any equation, first determine what type of reaction it is, then figure out what rule applies and follow it to determine the products. I believe in you! You can do it!!

15 thoughts on “Chemistry 4-24-13 Single Replacement Reactions

1. I never expected balancing equations to be so easy! However, I really need to brush up on my polyatomic ions

2. For the quiz, do the 17 reaction have to be memorized almost word for word, or do we just need to be able to apply them correctly?

3. Thank you for putting the Vodcasts up 🙂 they helped a lot on single displacement and double displacement reactions! 🙂

4. Even though the review we had today in class was not extensive, it really helped me understand balancing equations more!

5. I really liked making our own lab today. it was really nice to be able to apply what we know to design a lab!