Chemistry 3-28-13 Ionic Vs. Covalent Bonds

CHEMISTRY: Happy Easter! Isn’t this a beautiful crystal of copper sulfate pentahydrate? Since we’ve been talking about crystal lattice structures, I thought you might like to see something different than salt!

Here are the notes from Thursday – review of some the homework and then a discussion of the properties of ionic vs. covalent compounds. Great topics for discussion!!

flickr photo by Tjflex2

16 thoughts on “Chemistry 3-28-13 Ionic Vs. Covalent Bonds

1. The lab today was really interesting. It was cool to see how you can classify between covalent and ionic compounds!

2. I found the lab very enjoyable. It is one thing learning by you telling us the properties, but it is another very neat way to see their properties first hand.

3. I really liked the activity today! It was cool how the light bulb lit up even when something was interfering with the cords!

4. The activity we had with the battery today was so cool! It was so interesting to see how the light would still light up even with the presence of a metal interrupter

5. The batter and light activity was really fun! It’s neat to learn about how the electricity can go through other objects, like the metal part of the desk, and still light the bulb up!

6. Is there any sound to this vodcast or is it just me? I needed to listen to it for the day I was gone for the ACT workshop…