Chemistry 8-27-12 SI Measurement, Pt. 2

CHEMISTRY – Hey guys, here’s another picture of those “high density” koi that I was telling you about in class today. I saw then when I got to visit my brother in Hawaii, at the Dole Pineapple Plantation, of all places!

So do you feel comfortable with the fundamental and derived units/formulas that we’ve discussed? Here’s the lecture from Monday. Be sure and practice the density problems and we’ll double check them tomorrow. Speaking of tomorrow, can you apply what you know about density?

On a more practical side, how is your balance coming? Have you figured out how density plays a major part in how it works? Here are the actual masses. Are your answers close to these? If not, what could be some reasons? Make sure you include that in your conclusion. Holler if you have any questions! πŸ™‚

β€’ Penny: 3.10 g before 1982, 2.50 g after
β€’ Nickel: 4.95 g
β€’ Dime: 2.25 g
β€’ New state quarter: 5.68 g

6 thoughts on “Chemistry 8-27-12 SI Measurement, Pt. 2

1. Thanks for putting the videos online. It really helps when i don’t remember something from the lesson that day.

2. Thank you so much for posting the videos of the lessons. this helps me to get definitions, notes and graphs when I don’t fully complete them during the lesson.