Chemistry 4-18-19 Intermolecular Forces

CHEMISTRY: We made it! Here’s the very last lecture from chapter 6 – intermolecular forces. (Don’t forget they’re also called van der Waals forces!) Tons of application, from bugs walking on water to little fishes breathing dissolved oxygen!

Image source digitaljournal.com

38 thoughts on “Chemistry 4-18-19 Intermolecular Forces

1. I would rate myself a 3/5 this week because i understand the material that was taught in class but i need to take better notes

2. I rate myself a 0/5 this week because I wasn’t there all week for the home missions trip. But I’m going to watch vodcasts from this week to catch up.

3. I’m rating myself a 4/5 for the week. My notes were organized and I understood the material, but I had some trouble with the double bonds at first.

4. I rate myself a 4/5 because i did pretty well with everything, i listened and took notes. Next week will be the same hopefully maybe even better!! it was a pretty good 4 day week.

5. I would rate myself a 3/5 this week. I feel like I did well on the Clab this week I did not do as much work on the Project . Next I will work hard and get this Project done.

6. I would rate myself a 2/5 for this week. My notes are well organized and all but some of the material just isn’t clicking which is putting me behind in the rest. Hope for a great break!

7. I’m racing myself a 4/5 this week. I understood most of it and took good notes throughout the week except for Thursday because I was looking forward to the long weekend.

8. i rate myself a 3/5 this week. I understand most of everything we’re learning. i know i need to practice lewis structures more and practice drawing them. I loved the lab we did thursday and i’m working hard on my project.

9. this week is rate myself a 3/5. i haven’t been there all week but i have caught up and have almost finished my make up work. i hope i caught up enough on everything and understand what we talk about next week.

10. I would rate myself a 3/5 this week Bc I feel like I don’t know the material well enough that we have gone through this week although I think I have made some good progress on my project

11. I rate myself a 3/5 this week because even though i was not here any of the week i was able to keep up with doing all of my work and turn everything in on time.

12. This week I would rate myself a 3/5. I’m still not confident at applying the work we have been learning. I’ll take another look at the videos and workout some problems from the book. Also I might need a help session or get some of the other students to help me. Then I’ll look through my notes and see what I need to work on and what’s giving me troubles.

13. This week i would rate myself a 3/5 because i understand most of the concepts in class but i’m having some trouble drawing the lewis structures. i just think i need a little more practice before the test.

14. I would rate myself at a 3/5 this week. The lab was really cool and I’m starting to understand the Lewis structures more

15. This week I rate myself 3/5. The material we learned in the class was easy to process and it was was also pretty cool to learn.

16. I rate myself a 3/5 this week. I feel like I’m starting to improve from last week. I understand the material much better but I still need a little more practice.

17. This week I would rate myself a 3/5 the project is kind of stressful but I’m managing. I would have to say writing it’s the hardest part. I hope there’s a possibility for an extension I enjoyed the lab this week iwith milk and I’m studying for the test to get a good grade.

18. I would rate myself a 2/5 for this week. It was a difficult week for me in chemistry. I still have to learn to do Lewis Structures for the test in a small amount of time.

19. This week I would rate myself a 3/5. I have a pretty good idea about all of the things I am brining but need to go back and make sure. I am glad to have figured this out and I am also glad to have sources for them! I started studying for the test last night but still need help on Lewis Structures and covalent bonding with orbital notation!

20. this week i would rate myself a 3/5. i kinda struggled with getting all of my makeup work done but i think i finished all of it. i’ve done pretty good with the project but i think i should be farther along by now. it’s not that it’s hard, i just know it’s gonna take me a long time. i keep thinking that i know what i’m bringing but then i find something else out and change everything. i think i just need to stick with what i have right now and pray that it’s right. also, i’ve done pretty good with lewis structures and dipoles. i still need to study a lot for the test thought. all in all, it’s been a pretty good week!

21. This week I would rate myself a 3/5! I am getting close to finishing my project i just need to make sure i double check all of my supplies i am bringing and make some more edits. I have been studying for the test for a while and feel pretty confident i just need to work on lewis structures and get more practice with them by looking over old homework and pulling it from there!!

22. This week I would rate myself a 3/5. I have been studying for the test that we have tommorrow and I believe that all my hard work should pay off. I have also been putting alot of time into working on my chemistry project and it has thought me how to many my time more wisely.

23. This week I would rate myself a 3/5! I am getting close to finishing my project i just need to make sure i double check all of my supplies i am bringing and make some more edits. I have been studying for the test for a while and feel pretty confident i just need to work on lewis structures and get more practice with them by looking over old homework and pulling it from there!!

24. I rate myself a 3/5 this week. I have done pretty good in class this week. i have listened and taken very good notes but, i am nervous about the test tomorrow. i will study and hopefully do well. i wish i would have done more on my project but it is coming along pretty well. I have picked all the items that i’m taking and i’m not taking but now i just have to get sources which will take a little bit of time. but i will study for the test very hard.

25. This week I would rate myself a 4/5. I have put a lot of time into both my project and studying for my test. There are some things that I am still struggling on but I know that I will have them down pack tomorrow. I was a little upset by the accuracy grade I received but I know that it will help me know what I really need to work on tonight.

26. this week i would rate myself a 2/5. i give myself this rating because i feel like i have gotten behind on the project so i’m starting to stress over it. on the other hand i feel like i have prepared for the test tomorrow and i hope my grade will reflect on that.

27. i would rate myself a 3/5 this week. i have a good start on my project and i’m writing my paper at a pretty good pace. i am not going to work on my project tonight because i know i need to focus on my test. i have other tests and another project to work on as well so i have to focus well tonight.

28. i rate myself a 3/5 this week. i understand how to do dipoles now but i’m not as far along on the project as i would like.

29. I rate this week a 2/5. I get the Lewis Structures and dipoles for the most part but a lot of the stuff I have to memorize I still haven’t gotten down. I am also very behind on my project which is really stressing me out but for the most part I feel good about what I am bringing I just need to figure out what I have to leave behind.

30. I week i would rate myself a 3/5. I got a good start on the project and I’m close to being done. Hopefully i will do good on this test tomorrow.

31. I would rate myself a 4/5 this week I have kept up and listened in class and understand how to write the Lewis structures and the dipoles but I am struggling on some of the material to memorize but I besides that I feel good about the test. I have finished my research for the project and I am going to type it this weekend.

32. This week I think I’d rate myself a 4.75/5. I have really been in peak productivity every single day (besides Monday) this week. Between the Chemistry project and math project, I have typed 17 pages in 3 days! I think that’s a new record for me, but it’s been kind of fun to do, contrary to what one would think. It has allowed me to think critically, and that is a fun skill to exercise. I feel as though I have found most of the correct items for the chemistry project, but I still have a lot of work left to do. It is projects like these that are really invigorating to do: projects where once you’re done you don’t care what you make on it because you know that you put in your best effort. These projects have also allowed me to catch up on some music while typing, so that’s nice too. I’m not too worried about the test tomorrow; Lewis Structures as a whole are relatively trivial to me. I’ll probably look over it all tomorrow morning a little bit, but I feel ready if the test is similar to class today. I’m gonna cut it short from my usual length and end here so I can get back to my math project, but overall it’s been a pretty good, though chaotic, week.

33. I would rate myself a 3/5 for this week bc I didn’t completely understand what exactly I’m doing in the lesson but I understand the basics of it. I hope for a better rest of the week and upcoming days until school is out.

34. This week I rate myself a 3/5. I feel pretty good about lewis structures, but I don’t feel that good about dipoles. I hope to do good on the test tomorrow because I need to raise my grade after the last test. I also need to make more progress on the project.

35. This week I rate myself a 1/5. I am really stressed and barely have time outside of school to work on this huge project. I am also stressed about the test coming up. I really hope I make a good grade on this test to save me from the project.

36. This week I’d rate myself 2/5. I am stressed about the test along with the project. I don’t feel good about the test and I’d say that’s my fault even though. I’ve been working hard and studying. Ready for the weekend, a weekend full of the project.

37. I would rate myself a 3.679/5 this week. I got a lot of work done on my project and i am getting close to finishing it. I don’t know how I did on my test but I guess we’ll have to see.

38. This week I rate myself a 4/5. I did not procrastinate for this test, and studied for a long time, so I feel like I did really well. The project is going well and I have gotten a lot done!! Im very very ready for this weekend even though I will be working on the project for most of it!:)