Lost Inside the Mponeng

Welcome to a great adventure! You’ve learned so much this year – not just concepts, but skills, and I can’t wait to see how you are going to apply it all!

Here’s the place where you can post your questions about the Lost Inside the Mponeng project so that everyone can see the answers.

First answer – the due date is Tuesday, April 30.

A really useful hint? Go back and re-read the project again – this time with a highlighter. It’s amazing how much I miss the first time I read something. So what’s your next question? πŸ™‚

Image source Africa InTouch News

35 thoughts on “Lost Inside the Mponeng

• B – Source it like you would an Internet article. For the in text citation, the article title is the name of the thing you look up. For Works Cited, you’ll do it like the Internet example I gave you in the sample Works Cited on the project sheets.

• If we use the same source more than once, does it need to be repeated in our works cited each time we use it or do we just put it on the works cited once? Also by manuscript form do you mean MLA?

• J – I’m not 100% sure about these. Thoughtco.com is okay, I think. I can’t find any info about the reliability of Reference.com, so it would not be a source that I would count as reliable.

1. What do I put for the date if a website gives me more than one date. Like Amazon gives me 1996-2019. Which one would I use or just do the whole things.

2. When sourcing in our paper do we use authors last name and year or title of article and year it was published?

• C – If it has an author, use the author. If it does not, use the title of the article. If there is no title of the article, use the organization that published the source. And always the year! πŸ™‚

3. How do we source a website if it’s something like Dictionary.com? Do we put the word we’ve looked up in quotes like it’s the title of the article?

4. Is it ok if we didn’t print our sources front and back. We had to print on the front side only because it kept cutting off the bottom portion of the pages when we printed front and back

5. If a source is used more than once does it need to be in our works cited every time we used it in our paper or just said once?