Hon Chemistry 2-21-19 Chapter 5 Overview & Help Session

HON CHEMISTRY: No audio on the recording in class today, BUT I think I’ve found an old overview of Chapter 5 that will be VERY helpful. You REALLY might want to watch it as you study. Below that is the help session from this morning.

God bless you as you study! Be sure and PRACTICE. Never just look over things! PRACTICE everything!!!

Hon Chemistry 2-9-17 Chapter 5 Overview from Tammy Skinner on Vimeo.

Photo by Miles McDowell

14 thoughts on “Hon Chemistry 2-21-19 Chapter 5 Overview & Help Session

1. This week I rate myself a 3/5. I’ve felt really good this week and have been really ahead in just about all my classes, but I’m feeling offset by this test. I believe I know the material but the fact that I’m not nervous about it is making my nervous! Its the terrible case of “you feel too confident about it for you to be right”. I’m just going to keep studying and hope my confidence was correct.

2. This week I rate myself a 4/5. I feel as if I understood the information that was presented and formulated a good strategy for the test tomorrow. In case anyone wants to know, I am going to complete the open answer questions first, complete the multiple choice, and mark any questions that I am unsure about. Only then will I open the scavenger hunt to verify those answers. Also, I completed the homework in a timely manner. The only downside to this week was that I could only attend one day of class. On the other hand, I probably could have studied a little sooner for this test, hence the 4/5 rating.

3. This week I rate myself a 5/5. Usually I don’t give myself that rating, but I feel that I worked very hard this week and it paid off. I started studying for the test today on Monday, and I have been working problems, memorizing, and making sure I understand all week. During the test, I felt very prepared, and I barely even used my scavenger hunt to help me! All in all, I am very proud of myself and intend to do this in the future every time.

4. I rate myself a 4/5 this week. I didn’t start studying as early as I had hoped to, but I was still very prepared for the test. Both of the help sessions helped a lot! During the test, I feel like I managed my time well, and at the end I had time to check my answers. The Element Scavenger Hunt helped me on a few towards the end. I feel very confident about this test!

5. I rate myself a 4/5 this week. I stayed on top of my work, and I believe it really helped me to fully understand the material. For the first time EVER I did not just study for the test the night before (even though it was just for an hour or two on Wednesday night, but progress is progress!)!! I believe I did well on the test (minus some dumb moments on a few problems), and I am excited to see how well I actually did!

6. I would rate myself a 4/5 this week. I was on top of my homework and that really helped because of how hectic my afternoons were. I didn’t only study on Thursday (which would’ve been terrible considering how late I got home) and that combined with both help sessions made me feel better prepared for the test today. I also thought I managed my time really well today and had time to use my element scavenger hunt to look over my answers. I even finished before the bell!

7. This week i rate myself a 4/5. I feel very well about my test today and I attended both help sessions and left with a positive attitude. I understood this lessons amazingly and i took a good amount of time out of my days to study.

8. This week I rate myself a 4.5/5. I understood the chapter really well. This week was very stressful because we were out on Monday. Throughout the week, the test was getting closer and closer, and I didn’t have a lot of time to work on homework. On Thursday night, I skipped both of my after school activities to come home and study for the test. I studied all the material we had, and practiced some problems by making a periodic table which made me more confident for the test. I feel like I did really well on this test compared to the others we have taken this school year. Overall, the week was very good for me and I understood all the information covered in this chapter on the test.

9. This week I rate myself a 3.5/5. I felt pretty prepared for the test however, there were a few things I wish I had studied more. I liked that we had two help sessions because that ensured us enough time for you to answer most (you know we have soooo many) of our questions. I feel that I managed my time well. Although I voted against using the scavenger I am very thankful that we got to use it because I needed it to correctly answer about three questions. I learned that my friends are right and that they give good advice and sometimes its ok to give in to peer presure.

10. This week I would rate myself 5/5. Even though I missed two days this week because I was out of town, I didn’t fall behind. I made sure to talk to other students who were at school those days, and I watched the vodcasts. I came to both of the early help sessions, and I studied before the test. I feel like I did really well on this test, and I didn’t even need my element scavenger hunt to do anything more than double check. Hopefully I can keep this up for the rest of the year.

11. This week I rate myself a 4/5. I hope I did well on the test. I had enough time to double check all my answers, but there were still a few i was unsure about. I enjoyed the”DIY periodic table” problem, because I have understood that since you explained the homework problem on it. It’s almost like a sudoku puzzle lol! One thing I wish I could’ve changed about this week is studying more than I actually did. I was caught up in late night play practices, and I should’ve managed my time better than I did. My goal for next week is to do just that!

12. I read myself a 4/5 this week. This week was one of those weeks in which you just feel like you were on top of everything. And to make things better, I am absolutely positive that I made an A on the test. I’m also proud that I didn’t rely on the reverse scavenger hunt during the test.

13. This week I would rate myself a 4/5. The help sessions really helped me and I think I did good on my test. I practiced drawing all the diagrams and the mystery periodic table problem. I hope my preparation paid off.