10 thoughts on “Physics 1-16-19 Chapter 6 Test Overview

1. I’ve had the craziest busiest week! I didn’t get to study as much as I planned because of everything going on at home, but I still felt pretty confident during the test. SO thankful I actively studied/worked throughout the chapter (because sometimes I’m so bad about just passively getting my homework finished!) I will definitely remember times like these next time I’m tempted to float through my work. I am super nervous about the light bulb drop tomorrow, especially because my design is relatively simple, but its worked in all my trials. I’ve found sometimes simple is best (and cost efficient), and hopefully that rings true tomorrow!! Fingers crossed!

2. This week really seemed to fly by! It’s completely crazy—I realized that we only have about three and a half more months of our entire high school career! It seems like just the other day when I was looking at my elementary class field trip t-shirt with “Class of 2019” written on it, thinking that 2019 was SO far away! Anyway, today is the Light Bulb Drop, and I am praying that my simple design is successful! I tested it from a second-story window at my house onto our concrete patio, and the light bulb was safe, but I hope that it doesn’t malfunction at school (which would be just my luck)… The homework all week went really well—I understood most of it and was actually able to stay on top of it and figure it all out, unlike in some of the previous chapters. However, I don’t believe the test yesterday went too well… I especially struggled with the problems since they were pretty different than what I had been practicing on the homework. I think for the next test, I am going to start looking up extra practice problems online and in the back of the book so I will be familiar with working all different scenarios. At the end of the day, at least I can honestly say that I did my best and learned so much along the way (even if the test results might not reflect this)! Ready to see what’s next! 🙂

3. LIGHT BULB DROP IS TODAY!!!! I’m pretty nervous, but I know I have worked super hard on it! Honestly, I’ve been the living example of the scientific method since this project was assigned. First, I had one idea (which failed miserably) so then I had to come up with something totally different. I kept making modifications until I was pleased with my design. I found that the hardest part isn’t the light bulb shattering but that the filament becomes disjointed. I’m hopeful that I solved this problem (we’ll see during 5th…) As for the test, it wasn’t my best test ever, but I did do my best as best as I could. Due to a headache, I wasn’t able to study as much as I would have liked, but I was able to go to the help session which I’m thankful for! Looking forward to this LONG weekend and to be free of the light bulb (which hopefully survives!!) 🙂

4. The lightbulb drop today nearly killed me. I was standing on the stairs waiting for you to throw my capsule, Ms. Skinner, and I thought I was going to pass out. It went well, though, and it has really built my confidence in design challenges. I am still intimidated by the king of the hill challenge, but not as much as I was before. I don’t know how I feel about this week’s test; I’ll just hope for the best. Have a good weekend, Ms. Skinner!

5. This week was a good week. After we went over how to do some more momentum problems I think I understood it more. Because of that, I think I did well on the test. The lightbulb drop made me so nervous! I’m glad that it went well and that my lightbulb did not break. I’ve been not getting enough sleep this week and have been really tired in class, but I’ve tried my best to keep up on my work. So far everything is doing good. I’m concerned about King of the Hill but I’ll deal with it little by little.

6. This week has been an interesting one. I feel pretty good about the test even though I blanked on a part of it. Knowing this, i will have to see what I can change in my studying to make sure that doesn’t happen again. I feel great now that this light bulb drop is out of the way. I am really looking forward towards this king of the hill lab.

7. This week in physics went really well!! I feel like I did alright on the test, except for a few of the conceptual questions. I was also super excited about my light bulb surviving the drop! I decided to go with a simplistic design that would hopefully win the five points bonus on being the lightest; however, I’m just really glad that it survived the fall. I’m a little nervous about starting this King of the Hill project though. I’m gonna start doing some research this weekend and will hopefully come up with a good design!

8. I absolutely love physics right now. I was doing great on my homework and I didn’t have any problems unanswered when I came to class. I am getting a lot better in class and I felt like I did great on my last test. I loved being able to work on the lightbulb drop challenge. I am super happy that my lightbulb worked after. I can’t easily to start working on the king of the hill project. I have already thought up a bunch of ideas to power my machine. Haha I feel like I’m kissing up on these blog posts since I’m being all mushy about loving physics but the truth is I really do love the class.

9. This week was great! It was the average week in physics with a test and project due both in a twenty four hour time span. I plan on better organizing my time before a test and CARRYING THROUGH on my plan to study more than the night before for my physics test. I aim to do better on project time management as well, starting this weekend. This next project will take my maximum concentration, and I plan to achieve king of the hill by fully applying myself to all of this project’s parts.

10. This has been a great week in Physics! I think everything has finally clicked with me, because it sure didn’t last semester haha. So, even if I don’t do as well as expected on the test, I’m still just happy that I am understanding the concepts so much better! I am also so so happy that I had a successful lightbulb drop! I changed my design so many times so I was worried about choosing the right one. But now that it worked I know I did. I’m so excited for the King of the Hill project, it’s going to be so fun!