Beginnings

What a great first day! You’re off to a great start on a truly tremendous adventure. I’m so glad you’re in my class and that I’ll be able to share this adventure with you! Here is your assignment for tomorrow and for the next few days.

• TODAY – Sign up for Remind. Follow the instructions on the Technology Overview sheet you got in class today. This sheet is also here on the website under the “Worksheets/Handouts” tab. (Your parents can sign up for this also.)
  • Read the class info sheet front & back – sign it and ask your parents to sign it (front & back!!!). The Class info sheet is due by MONDAY in class. The Class Info sheet is also here on the website under the “Class Procedures” tab on the top left of this page, if you didn’t get one in class.
  • Enter your information in the form below. You may need to use the scroll bar on the right side of the form to get to the bottom of it. The form must be completed by 8:00 A.M., THIS Monday morning, but I encourage you to do it before then!
  • Check your syllabus daily to see what we are going to be doing in class this week, for homework, and for the due dates for class supplies!!

6 thoughts on “Beginnings

1. I am so exited for Honors Physics. This is going to be a great year. I was working on this “mystery pipe” project in class and my team and I were working to figure out how it works. I thought I had it right but after further anilization I realized we were missing a crucial part to it. So tomorrow I’m going to come and see if I can work on it on my study hall . If so I will try to fix my error by studying the object closer with the help of other class mates.

• I am so exited for Honors Physics. I’m expecting to learn the why of anything that we have time to be taught. I expect to find out how things work even if i can’t necessarily see it. For example this week I was working on this “mystery pipe” project in class and my team and I were working to figure out how and why it works. I thought I had it right but after further anilization I realized we were missing a crucial part to it. So the next day I came and worked on it on my study hall . I fixed my error by studying the object closer with the help of other class mates.

2. It seems like yesterday that I took your final exam in Chemistry. Now, I am finally a senior and in your class again. This year, I expect to learn how matter moves throughout space and study the types of energy it uses. Alongside the explanation of how, I also expect to understand why matter moves like it does. With this class, I know that my expectations will be blown out of the water as they were in Chemistry. I am looking forward to the rest of this year.

3. Like chemistry, I expect to learn a lot more beyond simply the subject of physics in class this year. I expect this year to challenge me and stretch me, and consequently teach me more study skills, time management, and important life skills before I leave for college and have to live independently. Of course, I know I will learn plenty about the world around me on a practical level. I am excited to see how intricately our earth is designed, and how the concepts we have learned in our past math and science classes work together to create what we observe in our everyday lives. I think it will make me appreciate the world around me on a deeper level!

4. I am so excited to be back in Honors Physics. I know that throughout this class I will learn so much more than just Physics. In Chemistry, I learned how to apply myself to my work and really take responsibility for my own learning. Now that I know I can do well on my work if I just apply myself and stay on top of everything, I am ready to conquer Physics and learn so much more about the world around me! I am eager to begin working on my whirley gig helicopter this weekend and complete my first Physics lab report!

5. This year in Physics, I expect to learn how the things that happen in everyday life work. I would like learn how everything works and the rules behind it. I want to come out of physics having much more knowledge than I can in with.