Lost in the Don Juan Basin – The Last Weekend!!!

It’s you last weekend to work, so how’s it going with the Lost in the Don Juan Basin Project? Remember, first and foremost this is a CHEMISTRY project. You must talk about all 23 items – why they would be good to use or why you would not want to use them. NEVER ever say, I had no use for the item.

Here are a few other things to remember – a long list to review, but very important, so READ IT ALL! TWICE!

1. Save, save, save, save, save, save, save, to several different places because your computer wants to eat your project!! Email your latest copy to yourself – label it with the date so you’ll know it’s the latest one, or put it in Google Drive or use a flash drive, or Google Dropbox – and use the date thing when u save it. And printing out the latest copy is also a great idea!

2. Your printer and the printer at your parents’ job will die/ run out of ink/ jam/ run out of paper/ explode, etc., so don’t wait until the last minute to print things out. And save, save, save, save, save, save, save, to several different places because your computer wants to eat your project!!

3. Make sure you make printed copies of the sources each source you use. Copy the first page and the page that you use, and highlight the portions that you use. Staple multiple pages.

4. Your copied sources should be in the order that the items they refer to occur in your paper. If you have the same source for different items, you must have different copies.

5. Your paper must be in general manuscript form – typed, double spaced, last name and page number on each page, etc. Each section of your paper should start on a new page. And you must have a title page! Google it!

6. The first time (or even every time is okay) you mention one of the main 23 items in your paper, highlight it so it will be easy to see. If you use the item again later in your journal for a different reason, highlight it again.

7. Always use the title of a website article if it has one or the name of the organization that produced the website if it doesn’t, and the published or copyright date in your internal documentation & your Works Cited if your source is from the Internet. One difference between them, never use the URL in the internal documentation, but always include the URL in the Works Cited – and you can use just the first part of the URL since the whole thing may be really long.

8. Speaking of that, what you have listed in your internal documentation should match the first thing you have written in each entry of your Works Cited. For example, the author, the name of the book, the Internet title, dictionary entry, etc. Never, never, never include JUST the URL for Internet sites in your Works Cited. You must include the other important information as well. Follow the MLA guidelines Purdue Owl if you have any questions. And don’t forget to reverse indent your Works Cited!

9. Make sure you write the internal documentation for your illustrations BOTH on your illustration and also in your paper. And don’t forget to include it in the Works Cited!

10. Your Works Cited entries should also be in the order that they occur in your paper.

11. Double check to make sure you don’t have anything in the internal documentation that isn’t in your Works Cited, and vice versa.

May God bless you as you work!! I love you and I’m praying for you!!!

46 thoughts on “Lost in the Don Juan Basin – The Last Weekend!!!

1. I would rate myself in my attitude at 3/5 because I did better this week but I still did’t do my best and I will correct this by having the best attitude I can and having a respectful demeanor to every teacher. I will try harder. I will also try my best on the project.

2. I would rate myself a 4/5 because I’m a little stressed about the project but I’m almost done.I also think I did okay on the test.:)

3. This week, I would rate myself a 3.5/5. I understood lewis structures, ionic bonding and think I did okay on the test. However, I am a tad bit stressed about the project, but am getting it done, one piece at a time. Looking forward to another great week in Chemistry!!

4. I rate myself a 3/5 for this week. I was a little stressed this week with the test and all the new material we have learned. I feel good about the test. Now to knock out this chemistry project!

5. This week i rate myself a 2/5. I should’ve studied harder for the test and I’m really stressing about my project but i will survive hopefully.

6. This week I would rate myself a 4/5. I feel like I was well prepared for the test, but could have worked more on my project.

7. This week I rate myself a 4/5. I’ve gotten a lot of research done on my project and feel like I did well on my chemistry test. I’ve still got a lot of work to do on my project,but im just glad i got most of it done.

8. This week I would rate myself a 3/5. I worked hard on my project and hw but did not study for a test very much. Ready to finish my project this weekend.

9. This week I rate myself a 3/5. The test was very difficult for me but the bright side is that I am close to being done with my project.

10. This week I give myself a 3/5. I didn’t prepare enough for the test, but I’ve been working hard on the project all week.

11. This week I give myself a 3/5. I didn’t prepare enough for the test, but I’ve been working hard on the project all week.

12. I rate myself a 3/5 this week I feel like I did decent on the test but probably could’ve prepared better. Hopefully I do well on the project

13. I rate myself a 3/5 this week I feel like I did decent on the test but probably could’ve prepared better. Hopefully I do well on the project

14. I would rate myself a 4/5 this week because I feel like I did well on taking notes but I dont feel like I did well on the test and I need to get more work done on my project.

15. I feel absolutely terrible, but that has never stopped me before. I rate this week a 2/5. However, I still feel good about how I did on the test, and I feel good about where I am on my project.

16. I would rate myself 2/5 because I studied hard! I was a little stressed out because of the project and the test this week! But I’m ready to work really hard on the project this weekend

17. This week in chemistry was a triumph for me, I am almost done with the project and think I did really well on the test. I studied more than I usually do, and I have not been procrastinating on the project.

18. I would rate myself a 3/5 this week. I feel like I did okay on the test and I am a little stressed out about the project. I am going to work very hard on the project this weekend and get it done.

19. I rate myself a 3/5 for the week. I felt confident on my test and took good notes, I just need to work on showing my work.

20. I rate this week a 4/5. The test was a success and all the stress has slightly calmed down. It’s just the chemistry project that concerns me now. I’ll dedicate my entire weekend to it, so I should get it done. Can I get it done well? Let’s hope.

21. This week I give myself 3/5. I didn’t really study for the test or put much effort into the homework. I feel like I did pretty okay on the test.

22. I would rate myself a 3.5/5 this week because the lab worked as it was supposed to, but I’m still a little overwhelmed with the project.

23. I would write myself a 3/5 this week I got some work done on the project but I don’t think I did well on the test. I still am stressed.

24. This has been a really great week! I was very prepared for the test and I’m almost done with the chemistry project! So overall it was a 5/5 week!

25. I rate myself a 2/5. It’s been a rough week and the project isn’t helping. Can’t wait to sleep after I finish

26. This week I struggled with staying on top of my work. Between the project, research paper and world history project, my life has been on hold. I cannot wait to sleep after everything is done.

27. This week I struggled with staying on top of my work. Between the project, research paper and world history project, my life has been on hold. I am going to need a vacation after all this and then we go straight into exam stuff!

28. This week l give myself a 2/5. l didn’t feel too good about the test and the project is stressing me out. Hopefully l get it done this weekend.

29. This week I would rate myself a 2/5 I didn’t study as long as I should have for the test and I think because of this I didnt do well . I hope to get the project done this weekend

30. I rate myself a 4/5 this week and I think I did good on the test I’m almost done with the project and will be happy to be done with it

31. this week id rate myself a 3/5. i did all my homework with ease. although i had a little bit of trouble on the test. this weekend is gonna be tough with this project.

32. This week I rate myself a 3/5. That is because I think I didn’t do as good as I thought I would’ve on the test. Also, I did all my written homework this week and it payed off on the test.

33. This week has been awful. Despite having worked on it since it was assigned, I stayed up until at least 2:00 a.m. working on my project for the past two days. I am so glad it is over. I am stressed about the makeup test for this class and makeup assignments for other classes, but I think my trip at the end of this week is probably needed.

• I agree! I feel like a major weight has been lifted and I’m going to sleep forever! Congratulations on finishing it, my friend 🙂

34. This week I would rate myself a 3/5. I feel like I triumphed working on the lab. I also feel like I struggled because I should have given myself more time to work in the Chemistry project.

35. This week I was a triumph for me. I am so relieved since the chemistry project is over. But there is no time to party because we have a test this Friday 🙁

• This week in chemistry was average. I am so happy that I finished my project, and I think I did very well on it! However, I lost a ton of sleep because of it. Unlike Spencer, there’s time to party because we have no test this week! 🙂

36. This week is a triumph for me! I finished the project and I am starting to learn how to balance chemical equations.