Hon Chemistry 2-8-17 Electron Affinity, Ionic Radii & Electronegativity

HON CHEMISTRY: Here’s the last of the trends – not car trends, periodic trends! For now, it’s an lesson from last year, so fast forward past the syllabus part! 😉

Have you begun by watching the videos on the Periodic Table of Videos site? Great place to gather information for the cLAB!

The videos that you must watch from the s-block are potassium, magnesium, and calcium.

The videos you need to watch for the p-Block are carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, fluorine, and chlorine. http://periodicvideos.com/

The elements from the d block that I especially want you to watch are copper and mercury. And there are other interesting ones you might like to watch just for fun!

The videos on from the f-Block that you need to watch are: neodymium, thorium, and

Hon Chemistry 2-8-16 Ionic Radii & Electronegativity from Tammy Skinner on Vimeo.

flickr photo by Infidelic

16 thoughts on “Hon Chemistry 2-8-17 Electron Affinity, Ionic Radii & Electronegativity

1. This week has been a 4/5. The homework load has been relatively light and it’s homecoming which makes things better. However, I scored lower on the test than usual so now I have to fix that.

2. This week’s triumph was not having a lot of homework and managing my time fairly well. I have pretty much understood the chapter so I’m hoping this next test will be good.

3. THIs week my triumph is that I completely understood the topics we went over and wrote very detailed notes about it too.

4. This week I rate myself a 7.8/10.5. I get the subject matter but sometimes it is a little difficult for me to explain my thought process and reasoning so I need to work on that. The scavenger hunt seems interesting and I am curious to see how the hints and pictures will change for the next block.

5. This week my triumph was finding all of the homework easy. Well to be fair we didn’t have a huge amount, but the work we did have was adequate.

6. This weeks triumph was understand this chapter. I didn’t make as high as I’d like on the last test so hopefully I’ll do better on the next one. Also, the homework load has been light and the scavenger hunt has been interesting.

7. I would rate myself a 4/5 stars. This week has been slightly overwhelming, and I didn’t score as good on my test as I would’ve liked. However, I have been able to keep up with the things on the surface, such as the homework.

8. This week I would rate myself a 4/5. This schedule for this week was very interesting, but I was able to stay updated on the task at hand. This week I tried to pretend I was interested in everything we earned, and it genuinely made me more interested on the subject.

9. I would rate myself a 3/5 this week because I understand the notes but I’m worried that the clab isn’t exactly how it’s supposed to be done.

10. This week’s triumph is getting caught up after missing a day of class. I reread the chapter and took notes on what I missed.

11. A triumph of this week was taking detailed notes on the chapter and finding the cLab actually interesting while entertaining.

12. This week I would rate myself a 4/5. I have stayed on task this week with my clab. Also we had pizza bowling this week which is the highlight of my year.

13. I would rate this week a 5/5 because I kept up with my work and though it wasn’t the most enjoyable, it hasn’t stressed me out and I haven’t gotten behind

14. A struggle this week has been the reverse scavenger hunt. It took longer than I anticipated but I am pushing through! Tomorrow will be crazy so I need to remember to turn it in early.

15. A triumph for this week is finishing the CLab, which I did mostly in class. I need to work on remembering the material we went over for Friday’s test and dealing with my hectic schedule. Hopefully I pull a good grade through this!!