Chemistry 1-11-18 Structure of the Atom, Pt. 2

CHEMISTRY: I love our chapels this week and hearing from God’s Word – but it does make for short classes! Here’s the last of our discussion on how scientists discovered protons and neutrons. You know, in class yesterday and today I just gave you mostly one name to go with each, but don’t forget they work with other scientists to get the job done!!

Make sure you know the name of the scientists, the name of their experiments, be able to draw a diagram of their experiment, and describe how they interpreted the experimental results that led to their discoveries.

Don’t forget about these video clips we watched in class, they’ll help you review the different experiment that the guys like Thompson and Rutherford did. Here’s another one on The Discovery of the Nucleus. And again – do you think there could be anything smaller than protons, neutrons, and electrons? Hmmmmm……

flickr photo by Here’s Kate

17 thoughts on “Chemistry 1-11-18 Structure of the Atom, Pt. 2

1. I rate myself a 5/5 for the week I think I’m doing good at listening in class and taking good notes and doing my hw i just need to work on not procrastinating

2. Struggle: I have not really been getting back into the routine of school. Also, I have forgotten most of the common substances and polyatomic. I will study them this weekend.

3. This week in chemistry was a 4/5 for me. Everything is coming along well, and I’m glad we’re stepping away from math for the moment. Studying the scientists and their contributions to the atom has been a breeze and there’s not much to confuse myself over with. I really need more sleep though because I’m not thinking too straight lately.

4. This week I rate myself a 4/5 because I took good notes. Also, I found what we were learning interesting and easy to understand.

5. I rate myself a 5/5 this week. I did good with keeping up with homework and notes. I am really enjoying what we are learning because it is easy to understand and to remember.

6. This week was a 4/5 this week. l like the chapter we’re doing so far because it’s basically the history of the atom. The activity this week was super helpful in understanding how scientists could not see what’s inside the atom, but had to rely on observations. Overall, this was a very chill week in Chemistry.

7. I would rate myself a 5/5 this week because I did well on the activity and understood the homework, and we had a snow day.

8. This week in chemistry I rate myself a 4/5. Learning about the atom and all the different scientist that helped discover different things was pretty cool. But it is also pretty awesome that we had a snow day

9. I rate this week 4/5. The homework was easy and I even got ahead in most of it! I took great notes and the lab we did was pretty fun. I now know how hard it had to have been to discover the atom!

10. I would rate myself a 5/5 this week because I am doing good on notes and like what we are learning right now. I think all things about the atom is very interesting and I am excited to learn more.

11. I would rate myself a 5/5 this week because I took good notes and kept up with my homework this week. I also enjoyed the stories of the scientists.

12. This week in chemistry was pretty easy. I’m glad we aren’t doing any math right now because I struggle with the lessons with the math. It may be a struggle to learn all of the different discoveries though

13. This week went very good. I understood what we were learning in class. I will do good on this test because what we are learning is easy and interesting.

14. This week was a good week! I really enjoyed learning about the model of an atom! However this week was pretty hectic, so I’m ready for a normal week in chemistry!!