Hon Chemistry 1-10-18 Photoelectric Effect

HON CHEMISTRY: Wow check out this awesome example of the photoelectric effect – a giant solar flower in Buenos Aires, Argentina! It moves as it follows the sun. Click on the link to learn more. There’s also a link below the vodcast. Giant Solar Flower

Awesome field trip today! Hey what about other applications of the photoelectric effect? Are there tiny people living in boxes above the doors at Wal-mart and Target? What about solar calculators? And hey – what about those automatic flush toilets?!

Hon Chemistry 1-11-17 Photoelectric Effect from Tammy Skinner on Vimeo.

flickr photo by Stuck in Customs

3 thoughts on “Hon Chemistry 1-10-18 Photoelectric Effect

1. I would rate myself a 4/5 this week. I’ve kept up with homework and taken notes in class. Each day after class I have used my notes to add to a quizlet that I will finish before the test to help me study. Typing that set has helped me already to remember a lot of the material. However, it has been really had to stay focused during class.

2. I would rate myself a 4/5 this week because I’ve managed to keep everything in order and not fall behind in work or notes.

3. I would rate myself a 4/5 for this week. I was able to pay attention in class and to enjoy the lab we did this week. The only thing I did wrong this week was that I dreaded doing the lab before class, but once I started the lab, I had fun. I need to work on not worrying about the wrong things.