Happy New Year 2018!!

Happy New Year!! Aren’t you glad that God gives us a chance to start all over again?

We are going to have an awesome 2nd semester!! I’m praying that God will use this semester to help get you ready for the incredibly wonderful things in has for you in the future!! And more than that, I pray that this year you’ll grow more than any other in your walk with our Lord Jesus. I pray that you’ll be determined to follow Him, no matter if you have to walk by yourself.

I can promise you – Jesus will never forsake you!

Happy New Year!!

“And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.” Psalm 9:10

….”I have decided to follow Jesus. No turning back, no turning back. Though none go with me, I still will follow. No turning back, no turning back.” John Clark

buds in snow
flickr photo by to.wi

52 thoughts on “Happy New Year 2018!!

1. This week has been really great for me. It was refreshing to catch up on sleep over the break, and nice to return to an unusually light homework load. Also, I have found sixth period to be especially fun this week. I enjoy the brain games even though I am rarely successful with paying attention to the details. However, I am not looking forward to everything starting up again next week.

2. So glad that we are doing this brain-games thing! I feel challenged by these interesting activities and I think the subject matter is very interesting. :p

3. Ok, I’m not sure if my comment posted but just in case: I am having a fun time with brain games and I find it interesting

4. This week in chemistry I would rate myself a 4/5. The brain game video we have been watching tricked me a lot more than I thought it would. I think that by watching the video though, that it will help me learn chemistry in a different way.

5. This week’s triumph is the brain games. Not only has it taught me more about our brains, but I’ve enjoyed it! I’m looking forward to continuing the show tomorrow!

6. Through the brain games video I learned that I combine both auditory and visual learning. This will help me study for up coming tests.

7. This week was a pretty chill week in Chemistry. After coming back from a long break it’s nice to ease into a new year. l definitely will not take this semester for granted. l am ready to learn new things and not just know them for a test. Overall, l am very excited to see what God has in store for me in Chemistry this semester! Also, l am so shocked l survived the first semester! l feel so accomplished!

8. This week has been really good. The new year is starting off surprisingly well and I am excited to see God’s plan for me this year. I know these web posts should relate to chemistry but since this past week we watched a movie, I think it would be beneficial to talk about not only my goals for this semester in chemistry but also my goals personally. For chemistry I really want to stay on top of not only homework, notes, and memorization but also studying ahead for tests and quizzes. Personally, I want to work on not stressing over the little things that happen and focusing on bettering myself rather than sitting and getting stressed over things happening around me. Excited to tackle this 2nd semester!!! 🙂

9. It was very interesting learning different things about the brain this week.I am ready to begin this 2nd semester of Chemistry!

10. This week I would rate myself a 4/5 because watching those videos is fun, but it turns out I’m really awful at paying attention. I’m excited to start this second semester!

11. This week I learned thanks to the videos we watched on Brain games, that I can’t multitask as well as I thought. I also learned that I thought I paid very close attention to my surroundings, but in reality I don’t. I’m very thankful we got a break but also I am excited to get back to learning next week. Looking forward to a great week next week!

12. This has been a very good week. I am learning lots about myself and how my brain can and cannot work. I think it is very interesting to learn how we cant multitask and e can’t remember everything we think we can.

13. Glad this was a short week! not sure how much i could have more i could have taken! I really enjoyed watching the brain games, it was really fun testing how much my brain actually can do! i learned that even though i think i can multitask i probably shouldn’t because i really can’t do two things at once!

14. This week I rate myself a 4/5 I have learned that I am not as observant as I thought and I need to pay more attention.

15. This week I rate myself a 5/5 we didn’t do any chemistry really but I learned a lot about how I can study better for chem and other classes by watching the brain games dvd it also showed me how I’m not a good multitasker

16. This week was good for me! I’m ready for another great semester of chemistry! I’m gonna try my best to do better than I did last semester. I’m ready to get started next week! I hope you have good 2018

17. This week in I would rate myself a 4/5. I feel like I triumphed at following along with the video, but I did not answer the questions out loud with the class.

18. This week in Chemistry I had a fun time watching the brain games. I am not very good at paying attention, but I had fun

19. This week I really enjoyed watching brain games. I felt like it really helped me develop new ways to think and and to observe things in a different way.

20. I’d rate myself a 5/5 for the week. I learned a lot about how the brain works from the video we watched. I also learned new ways to improve my studying.

21. I rate myself a 5/5 this week. I enjoyed watching the videos and I learned multitasking is a lot harder than I thought. I also learned new ways to study and better ways for memorization.

22. This week’s triumph is participating in the brain games. I learned how to memorize and learn more effeciently. Looking forward to another great week of chemistry

23. This is a question about the projects we are going to have this year. Will we have to make a survival project at some point this year or will we do something different? That is all.

24. This week i would rate myself a 3/5. It was tough paying attention this week after christmas break, but i did learn some new studying methods. I look forward to another week of chemistry and a great year.

25. This week was a 5/5, baby-step introduction for me. Next week, the hectic schedule restarts itself. No more sleep for me. But I’m always in for a challenge! Last year was an incredible experience, and I learned more than I would have imagined. I’m hoping this year will be even better. Not so impressed with my memory and attentive skills, but I’ll get the hang of it with some tweaking.

26. I would rate myself a 4/5 this week. I’ve learned a lot about myself through these videos. I’m horrible at multitasking like I can barely do it at all. I also learned that I’m decently okay at remembering things in an order like when he video had us remember the phone and umbrella and lunch and all of that. I was able to remember 9 so I thoight that was kinda cool. Anyways I enjoyed these videos and I definitely learned a lot from them.

27. This week I rate myself a 4/5. I got one brain game right, but it did help me in chemistry by teaching me to study better and not cram it all in one night.

28. This week I learned many things about my brain that I hadn’t known before and that I find really interesting. Turns out…I’m a really bad multi-tasker but I can memorize stuff pretty easily.

29. Well I only showed up one day this week and that in itself is a triumph. So I choose to rate myself a 5/5 for that and convincing my brain to function well enough to pay attention to the video. Hopefully next week I’ll be healthy and ready to go.

30. I would rate myself a 3/5 most because we watched videos but they where cool. They taught me things about my memory and way the brain does what it does and how to remember better.

31. This week in chemistry was really fun and challenging for my brain. Brain games challenged me to focus harder on things I wouldn’t notice unless I did. I really like brain games its very challenging and interesting.

32. Solid 5/5 this week. I found that while I thought I was good at remembering things and looking for the fine print, I am certainly nowhere near as good as I thought I was. While the videos were fun and entertaining, they provided further insight into what makes us who we are. With a little practice, we can increase how well we perceive the world around us. Let the sleepless nights resume.

33. My triumph for me this week was getting back into the school routine quickly and fixing my sleep schedule. I also enjoyed learning more about my brain this week and I am hoping to apply the information I learned to this semester.

34. This week…. I discovered that it’s physically impossible for me to do two things at once. The videos we watched were very interesting, and literally everytime I just found myself completely dumbfounded because every trick just went over my head.

35. This week in chemistry we watched Brain Games. I learned a lot about what my brain can do. Watching these videos, I learned ways to memorize things and to not multitask.

36. A struggle I had this week was getting back into the swing of things and a triumph I had was that I learned something new about my brain from the videos

37. this week has been a mix of a struggle and a triumph. to be honest, it was hard to wake up because my sleep cycle is messed up, but having first period chemistry made it better because of the videos we watched! it was interesting to learn so much about what my brain can and cannot do.

38. This week was a struggle because of getting up so early, but other than that this week was amazing. The videos really made me analyze my thinking patterns and thought me how to focus better. The directors did a wonderful job and I was very intrigued.

39. This week was a struggle because of getting up so early, but other than that this week was amazing. The videos really made me analyze my thinking patterns and thought me how to focus better. The directors did a wonderful job and I was very intrigued. Chemistry is going to be challenging but I am ready!

40. This was a good laid back half week! I really enjoyed the mind games. Iit made me realized that I wasn’t good at multitasking when I always thought I was! Also I never caught when the men changed shirts or the black screen. I think it’s strange that our eyes see it but our brains don’t so we don’t notice it fully.

41. I would rate myself a 5/5 this week because we watched some very interesting videos about our brains. I learned several new things about myself like how I am not as good at multi-tasking as I thought I was.

42. I really enjoyed the brain games this week in class. I think it will help doing chemistry homework and also when we do lab by using different parts of my brain. I also learned some better ways to study.

43. I rate myself a 5/5 on this week. My main struggle was getting out of bed and seizing the day. But I enjoyed watching the brain games videos. I learned a lot about my brain and myself.

44. Triumph!!! I have successfully survived my first week back in the hardest semester of Chemistry I will EVER take! I am very thankful for the minimal homework load I have received from my teachers during the short week back to help ease us into school again. I am also thankful for these videos we’ve been watching because I know the alternative is actually learning. Ready to get some rest for the next week!

45. this week I would rate myself a 4/5. I learned a lot about myself and my bad memory. I seriously need to start removing distractions when studying.

46. Although some of the activities were pretty frustrating, I really enjoyed watching the brain games videos this week. I learned a lot about what my brain is and is not capable of doing. I think that this will help me with studying and other stuff in the future. I learned about different ways to memorize things so I hope something might work better for me. Now I also know that multitasking isn’t the most efficient way to work on something, so I’ll start to focus on only one thing at a time. Also it was nice having very little homework this week and starting off pretty slow. I am not very excited to get back into the busy routine, but we’re halfway there and I hope this semester will go by as fast as the last.

47. This week was a triumph! I learned many facts about my brain that I’ve never heard before! I liked where he talked about golf shots since I play golf. That helped me in my everyday life because he said that thinking hard about your shot will make it worse because it sends other signals to different parts of the brain which frustrates you. I always think about my shot and it kills me! Also I learned that I cannot multi task like I think I can.

48. I would rate myself a 4/5 this week because I didn’t get all of the brain game questions right but I did do better than I expected to.