Hon Chemistry 10-13-17 Elements & Intro to the Periodic Table

HON CHEMISTRY – Wow! Do you realize what we just did?!? We finished the chapter!!! Here’s the last lecture from chapter 1 – an overview of the elements and intro to the periodic table. Did you feel like it was mostly review?

Now for the element handbook search! You will be responsible for that information – both search 1 & 2, on the test. On the first part, tell enough to show what distinguishes that element as the type that it is, and also anything particularly unusual about the element, but don’t go into minute detail – just the main facts.

Another great resource for the Element Handbook Search (and for the TEST!!) are these video clips on copper, phosphorus, and silicon that a group of chemistry researchers have put together at www.periodicvideos.com. Watch these as you do the element handbook search. The information on these video clips will be on the test.

Hey, have you had a chance to check out the chapter 1 study suggestion sheet? Let me know if there is anything you need help with before the test! (And you’re still learning the symbols of the elements, right?!?)
🙂

flickr photo by pastaboy sleeps

8 thoughts on “Hon Chemistry 10-13-17 Elements & Intro to the Periodic Table

1. This week was a triumph for me. I didn’t necessarily do anything great but it was a nice relaxing week. I was a little bit flustered about the lab, but I think my partner and I figured out out. Super thankful for the short week!

2. So this week is like a 3.5/5 for me because I took pretty good notes and understood pretty much everything. I took off the points because I was bad at time management in the labs.

3. Today, I had a triumph. I actually remembered the elements we had to memorize. The lab we had to create was kind of terrible though.

4. A triumph I had this week was the notes we took today because it was mostly a review. A struggle I had this week was the spark Ye lab because I am technologically challenged.

5. This week, I have triumphed over laziness. I studied long and hard for the test and feel as though is did well. Thankfully, This week has been a little bit of a break for me besides studying. Ready for more!