Physics 10-4-17 Motion Down a River and Kid on a Slide with a Water Gun – Relative Motion Revisited

PHYSICS – Wow, we finally made it to the official end of chapter 3! Do you realize how much you’ve accomplished? Awesome!

How’d you do with relative motion “revisited”? You know, you’ve done this already. The only new part is the motion of objects in the same direction and opposite directions, relative to each other. Don’t forget, you’ll use what you learned about vector addition to work those “boat goes across a river” and “plane experiences a head wind” types of problems.

Need extra help? Help session tomorrow morning, Thursday, 7:20ish.

flickr photo by Richard Yuan

15 thoughts on “Physics 10-4-17 Motion Down a River and Kid on a Slide with a Water Gun – Relative Motion Revisited

1. This week has been a very busy and stressful week in Physics. Since it is the last week of the quarter, everything happens to fall on this week! We have been furthering our study into motion by working with angular projectile motion. I am doing pretty well on the math side of things, I just need to make sure I remember to set it up correctly! I’ll be sure to study hard for our test Friday so that I can end the quarter strong! I need to make sure I don’t miss many conceptual questions this time.

2. This week in Physics, I would rate myself a 3 out of 5 stars. I really had trouble grasping the concepts of the chapter at the beginning of the week, and I kept getting the problems wrong! After practicing on my homework and working extra problems to study for the test, I began to understand the chapter better, and I started to get more problems correct! I think that the first nine weeks of Physics was successful, and I can’t believe all of the information that we covered. I am excited to start a new chapter, and I am looking forward to the “rocket” lab when we get back from Fall Break.

3. This week I rate myself a 3 out of 5. I struggles a lot with the angular projectile motion problems at the beginning of this week. I honestly could not figure out how to do any of them. Luckily we were able to practice the problems a good bit this week. I feel like I was able to get down most of the principles we learned. I feel as if I did not study as hard as I should have for this test. I think if I would have worked more practice problems for the test I would have been an little more prepared. I feel as if I have grown a lot this 9 weeks in physics. I am looking forward to the next quarter a lot.

4. I would rate myself a 3/5 this week because of my preparation for the test. I wish I would’ve looked more at the concepts so I could’ve done better on the multiple choice. However, I think I did fairly well on the problems only missisng a couple points here and there because I worked problems to prepare and went into the test knowing what I was doing. I’m very relieved that this quarter is over but am looking forward to more exciting lessons in physics.

5. This week in physics I would rate myself a 3/5. I struggled with angular projectile motion. I also don’t feel like I did as good as I could on my test. A triump of this week would be understanding regular projectile motions. I feel like I did well on the homework and understand the problems.

6. This week in physics has been good. I would have to rate myself a 4/5. I feel like I understood the material. I did have a little trouble on one homework, but I reworked it and got everything right. I did study more for this test and I think it helped me. I feel like I did good on the test. I’m glad the 9 weeks is over and I’m ready for the next.

7. This week in physics I would rate myself a 3/5 because I started off this chapter really strong and then we got to the angular projectile motion and I started to struggle more. I felt a lot better throughout the week after I started to do more practice problems. I do feel a lot better about this quarter because I grew as a student and have been extremely challenged in this class and I am ready to continue the growth.

8. This week in Physics I would rate myself a 4 out of 5 stars. It was only a two day week, and we worked on the rocket lab for both days. I feel like our lab group did really well coming up with the procedure for the lab, but we had some experimental issues when it came to measuring the time of the rocket. We were able to get under ten percent error on our first try! The rocket lab helped build my confidence when it comes to applying laws of projectile motion.

9. This week I would rate myself a 4/5 this week. Our group was able to learn how to use the rocket to find the resultant velocity. Then we were within 10 percent error of the distance it went at 45 degrees. That would be the triump for the week. I didn’t struggle with anything this week because we only had class for 2 days and didn’t learn anything new.

10. I would rate myself a 4/5 this week because of our success with the rocket lab. Our group applied our knowledge of projectile motion to the lab, and we were able to use our formulas to predict where a rocket would land. We were within ten percent error so I was very pleased with our results.

11. This week i would rate myself a 3 out of 5. This week was very short, but we were able to do our rocket lab. Our group was not very successful in our lab. We did not get into the ten percent range. Fall break was nice to relax but I’m ready to get back into the swing of things. I’m looking forward to whatever we are learning this quarter.

12. This week in physics was short, but exciting. Fall break was a blessing I needed and I felt ready to get the second 9 weeks started. I would have to rate myself a 5/5 this week because I feel like we did so well on the lab. It was so cool to see what we have been learning in practice. The short week was nice, but I’m ready for next week.

13. This week in physics I would rate myself a 3 out of 5 because my group had a much larger percent error than the 10% that is accepted. We had several reasons for error that could have been easily avoided and fixed. We learned from the mistakes and I’m ready to continue learning and growing this 9 weeks.

14. This has been a short but interesting week in physics. We spent the two days of class having fun firing off rockets outside. Although we had more error than expected, many factors contributed to the outcome. Even though it wasn’t where we wanted it, we still learned how to be more careful next time. Can’t wait to see what we work on next week!

15. This has been a short week in physics because of fall break. We spent the two days of class having fun firing off rockets outside. Although we had more error than expected, many factors contributed to the outcome. Even though it wasn’t where we wanted it, we still learned how to be more careful next time. Can’t wait to see what we work on next week and the rest of the quarter!