Chemistry 9-22-17 Fundamental Science Skills Graphing Activity

Quick – list 20 things you remember from the 8th grade about interpreting and reading graphs! Not to worry – today you’re going to begin reviewing those important concepts and techniques. Here is your assignment for Friday:

IMPORTANT: Today’s assignment is one that you will have to complete at school. The program is on the school laptops in our room and on the computers in the computer lab.

1. Find the “Fundamental Science Skills” program on your computer.
  2. In the Graphing Skills section, click on “Graphing Data Points.” Read through and practice in each section VERY CAREFULLY!
  3. After you have completed each review section, go to the exam and complete it.
    • You must enter your name in the exact format you do when you save/title a lab – including the title of the activity.
    • IMPORTANT: Your answers and the format of it all must match exactly with the correct answer to receive credit. (Sometimes being exactly correct is extremely important!)
    • Click on “Check Your Answers.” When you have 100% accuracy, bring your lap top to me to check your Check Answers Results Sheet. If you are doing the assignment outside of our class period, print off your exam results sheet and bring it to me to check.
  4. The Graphing Data Points assignment is due MONDAY, by 3:30 P.M.
  5. Next, if you have time, go to the Worksheet Tab and read Graphing Exercises 1 & 2. We’ll start that MONDAY!

Holler if you have any questions!

41 thoughts on “Chemistry 9-22-17 Fundamental Science Skills Graphing Activity

1. I finally was able to get technology to work for me on the assignments Ms. Skinner gave me this week and I triumphed over them. I of course needed help with the confusing world of technology but after realizing what I needed to do I realized how easy my assignments would be when I figured out how to use the scannable app on my phone to help make my lab reports. I now know how to use an app on my phone to help me complete homework assignments that much faster. Thank you Ms. Skinner and to all the other people who helped me overcome this problem. Have a good weekend.

2. I had a challenging time with the mass without a balance lab yesterday. I couldn’t remember to put my units in my data. Hopefully I won’t make a habit out of it.

3. This week I struggled with some of the technology but once I figured out how to work it the technology became much easier. Also we struggled with the mass without a balance lab at first but I figured out how to do it and it was much easier.

4. This week in chemistry was more challenging for me because I am not used to using technology. My lab partner and I worked well together and we completed the lab.

5. I would rate myself a 4/5 this week because I fell behind at the start of the week with my scans but I got caught up and I feel like me and my lab partner did well on the lab this week.

6. This week was a huge triumph for me. Knowing the technology that I felt so unsure about is truly relieving. The technology is a lot easier than I thought. Now the only problem is attempting to remember the passwords.
    C3 B Roberts

7. This week I give myself a 3/5. I got a little behind after missing school on Monday, but not too far behind that I couldn’t catch up. Denton and I managed to finish the Mass Without Balance activity before class was over, and I learned how to get pdf files on Google Drive relatively quickly.

8. I rate this week a 5/5. I got assignments done early and on time, and I finished the lab with only 4.34% error. I picked up on the new scanning program and helped other people in my class with the software.

9. This week I would rate myself a 4/5, I finished all of my assignments in class, and I had time to do my web post on time this week. Hooray!!!

10. I would rate myself a 4/5 this week because I finished the lab and all the technology stuff we did this week. I was also very stressed because I had to go back and fix things.

11. This week I rate myself a 4.95/5. This was one of my best weeks so far. My triumph this week was over the Graphing Data Points exam, I was able to finish it rather quickly. The scans came easily and I had no major mess ups. I hope to do as well as I did this week in the following weeks.

12. This week I would rate myself a 4/5. Me and Dylan did very good on our lab and got it finished. I did very good on the graphing and thought it was very easy. Looking for ward to next week.

13. I rate myself a 3/5 this week. I was able to finish my lab on time and after my sixth attempt i was able to finish my Fundamental Science skills. I feel like i need to really take advantage of my time and work faster. I’m looking forward to another good week of chemistry.

14. This week I rate myself a 4/5. I did very well on the lab but I did have to redo my lab one time. I understood how to do the lab and my lab partner and I worked very well together.

15. This week I would rate myself 4/5. I learned how to scan my lab apparatus by using the scannable app. I also got a head start on my Lab write up that is due Monday. Me and Logan finished our lab on time that we did on Thursday.

16. I rate myself 5/5 this week. I really feel like I understood the technology stuff. And the lab was challenging but I feel confident that we understood the information

17. I would rate myself a 3/5 for this week. I had to redo the mass without a balance lab but I did well on the technology activities we had to do. Also I did well on the graph activity we did today.

18. I would rate myself a 4/5! I didnt have any problems doing the technology or it didn’t give me trouble though! I did struggle with doing lab though!

19. This week I rate myself a 3/5. The technology part of the week got a lot easier once I figured out how to do it. I just need to follow instructions carefully every time. The Mass Without a Balance lab was very difficult the first time I tried it but once my lab partner and I understood the way to do it we completed it and we did really good. Overall this week I learned a lot.

20. This week was a triumph for me because in the Mass Without a Balance Lab we got the closest to the accepted mass out of everyone. I am learning how to do the online materials very well.

21. I would rate myself a 3/5 this week. At first I struggled with the technology but after we did it I understood it better. The mass without a mass was harder at first but once we figured out how to do it was pretty easy.

22. This week was a complete accomplishment. My partner and I worked very well together in the Mass Without a Balance lab and the technology skills we learned this week weren’t hard too understand. Our answers for the lab were on point!

23. This week was a triumph for me, I understood the technology well and the mass without a balance lab was fairly easy once my partner and I figured out all we needed to have and did it correctly.

24. I would rate myself a 4/5 this week because while I had some trouble with the lab, I understood everything in the Tech 101 assignment and have found uses for Google Drive at home.

25. I rate myself a 3/5 this week. One really good thing that happened is that I got done with all the computer assignments and knew how to do PDF’s right off the bat. One bad thing is that I was really scared that I wasn’t going to finish anything all week but I ended up finishing it all.

26. I rate myself a 4/5 for the week. I learned to use my time more wisely and be more productive. I can’t wait to use my newly learned skill next week.

27. I rate myself a 3/5 this week. I was absent but most of the assignments are online so they are easy to make up. I will have to make up the lab after school but overall I think I’ll be able to make my work up quickly.

28. This week I think a triumph is I understood the technology 101 but I am struggling with the mass without a balance lab and realize I need to invest more time into my labs. I would rate myself a 3/5 this week.

29. I would rate myself a 3/5 this week. I did okay on the technology 101 lab. I did great on the graphing exam today so that is good.

30. This week hasn’t been very difficult for me because a lot o the work has been on computer which I feel very comfortable with, but juggling tech rehearsals for lion king and school work can get a bit dicey sometimes. Mrs. Skinner, however, makes life a lot less tedious by having all the tools online to catch up outside of class.

31. I think I triumphed this week because I worked very well with my lab partner in the mass without a balance and we managed to finish in class.

32. i rate myself a 3/5 this week. i did very well on all of the technology things. they came naturally to me and i finished it all quickly. i had a little trouble with the lab, but at least my lab partner and i finished it in class!

33. I would rate myself a 3/5 this week. I did well on all of the technology, but I had a little trouble with that lab and I had to redo the graphing activity several times and my web post is late.

34. i would rate this week a 3/5.I did very well on all of the technology things and I understood everything in the Tech 101 assignment. I understood everything in the Tech 101 assignment. i need to really catch up this weekend.

35. This week I struggled with the Graphing excel. My mind is horrible with technology and it take a village to teach me. But my hand drawn graph was pretty good, I just need to smooth my lines!

36. It was an ok week, learning lots of new stuff i just have to remember when everything is due, and working really hard on my lab report!

37. I rate this week a 5/5. I got assignments done early and on time, and I finished the lab with only 4.46% error. I picked up on the new scanning program and helped other people in my class with the software. (Reposted because I used the wrong heading)

38. I rate myself a 4/5 for the week. I learned to use my time more wisely and be more productive. Once I got an idea of faster hat I was doing i starting getting F can’t wait to use my newly learned skill next week.