Chemistry 9-14-17 Chapter 2 Test Practice & Help Session

CHEMISTRY – Wow! Is your mind blown when you think about all that you’ve learned to do in chapter 2? How have you begun studying?

Here’s practice on some of the problems from this chapter. Since we were having trouble with the audio, I’m posting an old vodcast from last year. I’ve also posted below that an old help session that will have some extra practice. Remember, don’t just read your notes – practice your notes, practice the problems, practice the memorization!!

If you haven’t done so already, make sure to check out the Chapter 2 Stuff to Know sheets under the Test Info tab. Great info!!! And continue to practice with these online games and quizzes:

Online Textbook: There are wonderful Interactive Review Games with your online text. First open chapter 2. Then click on the the Student Premium tab, then Interactive Review Games.

sciencegeek.net has great interactive quizzes with questions like I’ll ask on the test. Find the unit that corresponds to the topics we’ve been studying and begin to quiz yourself. There are answers, too!

God bless you as you study! I’ll be praying for you!!

Chemistry Chapter 2 Test Practice from Tammy Skinner on Vimeo.

flickr photo by qthomasbower

Help Session:

Chemistry Chapter 2 Test Help Session from Tammy Skinner on Vimeo.

44 thoughts on “Chemistry 9-14-17 Chapter 2 Test Practice & Help Session

1. This week I rate myself a 3/5. I participated in class this week and that has helped me prepare for the test. I’ve also studied each night. I’m worried about the bigger conversions and application. I really want to do well. I did do well in the dancing raisins lab. Me and my partner worked very well together.So basically, this week was very stressful, but there were some highlights.

2. This week I would rate myself a 4/5. I feel like I’m doing a lot better on my homework now and feel like I did well on the test. Also I understood everything we learned this week.

3. this week I would rate a 4.5/5. I have been studied for this test. I have been practicing the problem and making sure I put the formula and units down. I think that the SI system is what is going to get me on the test.

4. This week I triumphed in organization. I started using a planner, which reminded me to make this web post. I finally filled out my September calendar above my desk with chemistry having it’s own color code (red ironically)

5. This week I would rate myself a 3/5. I did all my homework and I have been studying for the test. I just need to practice my conversions more.

6. I would rate myself a 3/5 this week. I’ve been getting better on showing the correct work on my homework, participating in class, and studying for the test a little bit each night and even made a quizlet. The only thing i am a little worried about is my conversions on this test. Other than that this week has been pretty great.

7. I rate myself a 3/5 for this week. It started of rough preparing for the test but as the week went on i found myself solving problems and understanding the process a lot better. Still much room for improvement.

8. This week was a 4/5 for me. I got all my assignments done early, but most importantly, done correctly. I’m understanding and applying concepts, so I have high hopes for this test. I’m trying everything that I can to practice for this test. So far, conversion factors seem like the problems that can be most easily messed up on. Just more of a reason to keep studying!

9. I would rate myself at 3/5 because I seem to be getting the hang of my new schedule but I still need to stop freaking out or at least not disturb anybody while we are in class so we can get classwork done and have time to do homework maybe. I also need to be mindful of everyone around me because they deserve respect and if I want it them to be quiet I should be quiet so I will attempt to work on this problem. That is all I have to say.

10. this week i would rate myself a 2/5. i really struggled with studying for the test because im not used to having to study by practicing. i over studied memorization and didnt practice enough. im worried about how i did on the test but i know now that i need to not only memorize the information but also practice it.

11. I rate myself a 2/5 this week. I understood the homework but the test was difficult for me.To better myself for next week, I will attend the help sessions instead of just watching them and I will try to participate more in class.

12. I would rate myself a 5/5 this week. I think I did well studying and started ahead of time so I was able to study a little every night. I also feel like I did well on the test.

13. This week I give myself a 2/5. I completed all of my honework assignments, but I didn’t pay attention well in class and didn’t study for long enough. My plan for next week is to pay a lot more attantion in class and to manage my time better.

14. This week I give myself a 2/5. I completed all of my honework assignments, but I didn’t pay attention well in class and didn’t study for long enough. My plan for next week is to pay a lot more attantion in class and to manage my time better.

*I entered my name wrong in the first comment

15. I would rate myself a 4/5 this week. I struggled on the homeworks but I studied multiple nights for the test and made sure I was well prepared.

16. I would rate myself a 4/5 this week because I feel like I did well on the test and I payed attention in class but I had some trouble with the homework I will try to do better on my homework next week.

17. I would rate myself a 4/5 this week. I think I triumphed at taking notes,completing my homework, and studying. I feel like I struggled at answering out loud in class.

18. I feel like I’m really getting the hang of conversion, sig figs, and si units! I would rate myself a 4/5 this week, i wrote good notes and I did the games to practice for the test which really helped! I felt like I was well prepared for the test, so hopefully I did good on it!!

19. I would rate myself 4/5 this week. I participated in class and answered some questions even if I was wrong sometimes. I did well in the Dancing Rasisns lab and I also played some practice games to help prepare myself for the test. I’m still a little scared about the big conversion problems and I hope I did well on the test.

20. I rate myself a 4/5 this week. I studied a lot for my test, and I think I did well on it. I was able to clear my mind and study hard. Also, the dancing raisins lab went well.

21. this week I rate myself a 3/5. I studied for my test a lot this week, and I felt like I did well. One thing I struggled with on the test was the problems because they were harder than I was expecting them to be.

22. I would rate myself a 3/5! I really stressed out on how to study for the test! I don’t think I really prepared myself for it as much as I should

23. A triumph this week would be that the test was much easier than I thought and I definately over stressed and the in class review helped a lot more than I thought it would.
    B Roberts C3

24. This week I would rate myself a 3/5 I didn’t study as much as I should have on the test and I struggled on the unit conversion some. I feel like I did good on the mutliple choice though and the help session helped a lot

25. This week was a triumph for me because i studied for the test and was very confident in my abilities. I memorized and could apply all the formulas.

26. This week I rate myself a 3/5 I felt pretty confident about everything but I’m not used to showing my work wich is something I struggled but being able to do the necessary conversions in class is something I fell confident using everyday in class

27. This week I rate myself a 3/5. I did well studying ahead of time for the test but the night before was a struggle for me to focus. I was very very stressed out all week but I survived!! Also I’m doing well on my homework and labs so far.

28. I rate myself a 3/5 this week, I did well with all of the homework and conversions but once test day came I was anxious and I fear I did badly on it. I know now that I need to spend more time studying and less time worrying.

29. I would rate myself a 3/5 for this week. I studied a little bit each night for the text. The thing I struggled with on the test were the problems they were a lot harder then what I expected them to be.

30. I would rate myself a 3/5. I I studied a minimum of three hours for myself. I really felt like I reviewed my sig figs pretty good before the test. I think I did pretty good on my test!

31. I rate myself a 3/5 this week. I gave myself at least 3 hours to study for the test. I think I did ok on the test! Also, I didn’t miss any of the homework.

32. i would rate myself a 3/5 for this week. i really felt like i understand everything we went over and did homework on. i studied a lot for the test and made a quizlet to help me study, but i was still SUPER nervous as it came time to take the test. but overall i feel good about the test!

33. I would rate myself 3/5 this week. I did good on the conversions we practiced and did good in class. I did okay studying for the test..

34. I would rate myself a 3/5 this week because while I understood most of the material that was on the test, I feel like I could have studied much better and been more prepared.

35. I rate myself a 4/5 this week because I think I studied really well for the test by practicing problems and going to the help session

36. I rate myself a 3/5 this week, I don’t think I studied enough for the test, and I should have gone to the help sessions. sry I’m late.

37. I would rate myself a 3/5 this week. I understood most everything we learned this week and did good on my test I think. I also got all my hw done this week.

38. I would rate myself a 5/5 this week. I feel like I triumphed at using the technology. My lab partner and I both triumphed at preparing for and finishing the lab in class.

39. This week I rate myself a 4/5 I feel like I used my time wisely by getting all the technology things done in class and besides the fact it took us forever to finish the lab I think we did good on it to

40. this week in chemistry i rate myself a 1/5. i really struggled with keeping a level head and not getting angry at technology 101, though i finished in a timely manner. i am currently struggling with the lab: mass without a balance and this too, is making me very stressed and unhappy. hopefully with homecoming week in sight and a brand new start to the week i will be less stressed.

41. This week in chemistry I rate myself a 1/5. I struggled with the technology 101 and I was getting very frustrated. I am also struggling with the mass without a balance lab….it’s really stressing me out because we have to design our own lab. Being a perfectionist, I want everything to be precise and perfect. I am slowly realizing that you can’t spend time on tiny details….or you’ll never get done. Hopefully next week is better!

42. This week I think a triumph is I understood the technology 101 but I am struggling with the mass without a balance lab and realize I need to invest more time into my labs. I would rate myself a 3/5 this week.

43. I would rate myself a 4/5 this week. I understand everything that we have been doing with technology and was able to finish the lab with time to spare! I just need to finish my lab report this weekend.

44. I rate myself a 3/5 this week I feel like the only thing I struggled on was time management meant and I feel like I can use graphs and google drive effectively now