Hallelujah! He is Risen!!

HE was born, but it didn’t end there. HE lived, but it didn’t end there. HE did great things, but it didn’t end there. HE died a horrible death, but it didn’t end there. My Savior is not dead, JESUS is alive! Happy Easter – yesterday, today, and forever!!!

9 thoughts on “Hallelujah! He is Risen!!

1. This week I would rate myself a 4 out of 5. My group struggled with making the Rube Goldberg Project work reliably. We persisted and finished it on our last attempt. I was able to break down the machine in a short amount of time, so now I am done with it. I have spent many hours building the RGM, and I am proud of my group. I am very happy to be done with this project.

2. This week I give myself a 4.5 out of 5. Everything went great this week. Our Rube Goldberg machine all game together and worked great Tuesday, but come Thursday it didn’t quite work the first few times, this the 4.5. I also almost finished my packets for the Six Flags trip, and I had an awesome time at the park. Overall this week was pleasant and informative.

3. This week, I’m gonna give myself a 4/5. Out RGB worked super well on Wednesday. Hannah, Jonathan, and I were able to make it work 4-5 times in a row. Thursday, we had a bit more trouble, but we’re able to conquer it. Disassembly went smoothly & we were all super thankful for the help of Jonathan’s dad. SIX FLAGS!!! First off, woah. It was so much fun & I really did love every moment of our cold and rainy time. In regards to physics, it went very smoothly. Hannah, Mary Addison, and I were quickly able to gather the calculations & enjoyed the Batman. Overall, it’s been a jam packed week full of nerves and excitement.

4. I would rate myself a 5 out of 5 for this week. The Rube Goldberg machine worked excellently! It was a ton of work, calculations, and even dangers; however, we made it work the very first time on Tuesday! On Thursday we had a few more problems without Mary Addison. Since she normally set the music, we were not able to get it to work. It took us a few tries, but we finally made it work! Cleaning up the project was crazy work, but we got it all. All of it ended up in the dumpster by the end of the period! Today was incredible! We got all of our measurements and calculations down, then we rode Mr. Freeze. Although it rained and was cold, the rides were very fun! Now after I finish my packet, I’ll remember how blessed I am to be done with Rube!

5. This week I give myself 3 out of 5 stars. The first day of Rube Goldberg was a struggle. Really the entire Rube Goldberg project was a struggle. My group and I had to look at what was going wrong in the project and fix one step at a time. Eventually we got it to work five times in a row then it stopped working again the day of the competition. Yet again we finally got it to work. I’m proud of my group for sticking with it though. Six flags was a lot of fun today. My group had no trouble measuring the things we needed for the packet.

6. I would give myself a 5 out of 5 stars for this week! Thanks to a lot of prayers, hard work, and dedication, our Rube Goldberg project went extremely well. Even though I was really sad that I could not be there for the final competition on Thursday, I’m so happy that everything worked out great in the end! I’m amazed by the final project that Pat, Blake, and I were able to accomplish. I truly never imagined that I would be able to make a Rube Goldberg machine myself! Though the disassembly was difficult and sweaty, Blake and I were able to get it all done by ourselves. Today, we all had a wonderful time at Six Flags not only seeing physics principles in action, but also growing together even further as a class. The Screaming Eagle was, by far, my favorite rollercoaster. It sure used its gravitational potential energy to the fullest! Thank you so much for giving us such a fun opportunity!

7. I would rate myself a 4 out of 5 for this week. So far, the mirrors and light have not given me that much trouble. I understand the concepts fairly well. There are some things, such as spherical aberration, that I need to brush up on; however, I am enjoying the cases and the difference between converging and diverging light. The reason why I would not rate myself a total 5 out of 5 is because of my previous test that we received today. I wish I had paid more attention to concepts while studying because I understood well enough the problems, but you are right; I did have trouble explaining why. For our last test, I will definitely be more prepared for our multiple choice problems and discussion questions. Now, I will see how well I do on color tomorrow. Conceptually it seems to be going ok from class time today, but I will not know until the lab tomorrow how I actually am feeling on it.

8. This week, I am going to give myself a 5/5. I am quickly understanding the concepts of light and color. The ray diagrams went really well for me, and I found them to be a super helpful tool that I’m sure to use on the test. This week, I’ve also been taking amazing notes, which I believe is helping quite a bit. Our color lab today was really cool, and made a lot of sense to me. Conceptually speaking, it has been smooth sailing so far. Lastly, I made the highest test grade of the year! Though it isn’t the best compared to the rest of the class, I am extremely proud of myself. Overall, it’s been one of the best weeks of the year for me.

9. This week i would rate myself a 4 out of 5 because I did OK with the lessons. The lesson on light was tricky at first, but I understand it now. The hardest part for me was all the scenarios for the concave mirror. The color lesson was very fun. Learning about colors of light has brought back some memories of chemistry. One thing I learned this week was there was a difference between colors of light and colors of pigment.