Hon Chemistry 3-29-17 Synthesis Reactions & a Head Start on Decomposition

HON CHEMISTRY: Oooohhhh! So that’s where the pretty light comes from! Great job on synthesis reactions! Since we had no audio and I’m posting a lesson from last year, you also get a beginning on decomposition reactions! Now go forth and practice what you learned! (The balancing equations part, not the playing with magnesium part!) 🙂

Hon Chemistry 3-21-16 Synthesis Reactions & a Head Start on Decomposition from Tammy Skinner on Vimeo.

16 thoughts on “Hon Chemistry 3-29-17 Synthesis Reactions & a Head Start on Decomposition

1. This week I would rate myself a 3/5. Balancing the equations is easy in class doing it together, but at home for homework it was a little bit harder. For the most part I did ok, but I still need to practice more. But, I have been working on the project some this week too so I’m proud of myself for doing that so I won’t be overwhelmed.

2. This week I would rate myself a 3/5. Balancing equations was easy in class when we did it together, but doing it for homework was a little bit harder. I still did ok on it but I know I need to practice more. Also, I was able to work on the project some and I’m proud of myself for doing it so that later I won’t be overwhelmed.

3. This week I triumphed because I understand what we are learning right now. I am doing well on the homework and taking notes. I am proud of my recent quiz grade. Also I am looking forward to Explore Zone, but I am so stressed about this project.

4. I would rate myself a 3/5 this week because I felt like I have a foundation for my explore zone exhibit but I still need to write a script. I was able to take good notes but I need to rewatch the vodcast to complete them. I did well on homework because I’m getting how to balance equations. My goal for this weekend is to research more for my chemistry project.

5. This week I would rate myself a 3/5. I am struggling a little bit with understanding the chemical reactions, so I need to get ahead on studying for those. I am understanding balancing chemical equations. I can’t wait for explore zone next week 🙂 I have been working on researching for my project and feel like i am on the right track.

6. This week I would rate myself a 4/5. I triumphed with understanding the balancing of chemical equations. I struggled a little bit this week with understanding the 17 different reactions and understanding how to differentiate between them. I am also really excited about explore zone and will continue preparing.

7. I can’t wait for explorer zone it’s going to be so much fun. I did really well with balancing equations this week, but I could’ve done better on the quiz. I made careless mistakes and it just added up. I’m looking forward to get this project over with!

• I’d rate myself a 3.5/5. I would rate myself higher if I had done better on the quiz and gotten more work done on the project

8. This week I would rate myself a 3.5/5 stars. I found it easy to balance the equations and that the 17 reactions make sense but I will need to start memorizing. I am having a little confusion with ExplorerZone because I’m not sure what I’m suppose to do. I thought I was helping Mikayla, so I need to talk about that a little. I need to plan out how I’m doing the project too.

9. This week I would rate myself 2/5 stars. I do understand the lessons from this week, but that is not my main concern. The biggest problem I having is how to manage my time and priorities. If I could, I would try to finish the project all in one sitting, but that is impossible. Instead, I plan on making an organized schedule. This will help me better manage both areas I am having trouble. If I do make this schedule, I feel that I will accomplish a lot more on a deadline.

10. I would rate myself a 3/5 this week in Chemistry because I was very pleased with my quiz grade, and I have done well keeping up while taking notes during class. I have been struggling with balancing equations on homework, so I am going to practice some more this weekend. I am also going to work on my project this weekend.

11. I would rate myself 4/5 this week. I understand balancing equations when we do it in class, but on homework it seems more difficult. I’m very proud of my quiz grade and I’m staying on top of my project so I’m not stressed. I’m so so excited for explore zone!

12. This week I would rate myself a 3/5. Right now, balancing equations isn’t that bad for me, but memorizing all of the reactions will be a struggle.

13. This week I would rate myself a 4/5. I was really happy with my quiz grade from last week, and I feel confident in balancing equations. I also am really excited for ExploreZone next week. I feel like I’m on schedule with the amount of work I’ve done on my project, and I am going to do a lot more on it this weekend as well.

14. this week I would rate myself 4/5 stars. I kept up with the notes and my classwork. I feel like I really understand this chapter an have already started studying the chemical reactions.

15. This week I would rate myself 3/5 stars. This week wasn’t wonderful, but not terrible either. The notes were fairly easy, and I feel like I am understanding them. I haven’t gotten as far as I’ve wanted to in the research paper, but I will work on that. I am also working on explorer zone, and I really think it is going to be awesome! Looking forward to next week.