Chemistry 3-29-17 Polyatomic Ion HW & Intro to the cLAB

CHEMISTRY: From Wednesday, here’s a short review of some of the homework – polyatomic ions, and especially acetate, super important!! How about molecular geometry? Anyone need to review that? Help session?

Also, at the end of this vodcast we began discussing the cLAB: 3D Molecules. Great idea to review if you were absent!! We’ll work on the cLab again tomorrow in class. One update to the project: include a title “slide” with your name, period, date and title of the project – just like a lab.

Chemistry 4-5-16 Polyatomic Ion HW & Intro to the cLAB from Tammy Skinner on Vimeo.

Image source: moleview.org

52 thoughts on “Chemistry 3-29-17 Polyatomic Ion HW & Intro to the cLAB

1. This week has been very challenging for me. I am trying to keep up with school from the choir trip, the project, and the current work we had this week. I am trying to not get overwhelmed and manage out my time and energy accordingly. My goal for this week and the next is to pace myself and take everything a little at a time.

2. This week I have had trouble managing my time. I have started to work on the project, but I am having trouble making time to research because of my homework in other classes. In the next few weeks I will try to balance everything so that I am not overwhelmed the week the project is due.

3. This week I rate myself a 3/5. Overall this week has been challenging, trying to deal with multiple problems and to keep up with chemistry. I hope to get far ahead on the chemistry project this week and get lots of research accomplished.

• I would rate myself a 3/5 for this week. I have struggled to find the time to start on the chemistry project. While I have found facts and researched, I still have not physically started on it. Next week I plan to fully start on it and manage it over the course of the next three weeks. I have enjoyed working with Lewis Structures and I am glad was able to pick it up.

4. This week my struggle was Lewis structures. I had a difficult time trying to rearrange the electron dots when it came to double bonds, triple bonds, or poly-atomic ions. As the week progress though, it became easier to understand, and I managed to finished the lab yesterday; giving me plenty of time to refocus on my project. Although, the due date for the project is far away, I manage to neglect my project when I have enough time.

5. I would rate myself a 4/5 for this week. I felt like I did good on understanding the lewis structure and geometric shapes. It took me a little bit of time to figure out the lab, but I felt like I did alright on it.

6. This week in Chemistry, I would rate myself a 3/5 stars. I felt good about lewis structures in class, but when I was working the problems by myself at home it was more challenging for me! I have not been able to research much for the project yet, so I need to make sure that I do as soon as possible! I learned this week how to figure things out for myself! I feel like I got a little bit better at this because of the cLAB! Hopefully next week I can rate myself higher!

7. I would rate myself a 4/5 this week. I’ve enjoyed learning about Lewis Sctructures and drawing them. I think its really cool how they can be drawn and shown. I also learned this week about molecular geometry; I had no clue there were so many ways to name them. I am struggling with formating the slides on the cLAB and keeping it all straight.

8. This week has been both good and bad. Good because I understand the chemical compound structures pretty well and the lab is coming very easily for me. But it has also been a bit stressful because I’m having a hard time focusing on my project and I’m kind of confused on the molecular geometry. But overall I would rate myself a 3/5.

9. This week in chemistry i would rate myself a 4/5. I understand hoe to do the lewis structures and the lab was not very complicated to figure out for me. One thing i can work on is focusing on doing more items each day for the project. One other thing i can work on is working on molecular geometry and lewis structures.

10. I would rate myself a 4/5. This week actually wasn’t bad. Although I struggled with the lab at first, I got the hang of it and it became easy. The only thing I am struggling with is the project. I am trying to work on my time management.

11. This week I thought I did pretty good. I think I’m doing really good with lewis structures. I struggled with the lab at first, but I think I got the hang of it once I got going.

12. This week I would rate myself a 3.5/5. I sort of understand what we are doing but struggle with some of it. The cLab took me longer than it should have because I don’t fully know how to do it.

13. i would rate myself a 4/5 this week because i did well on everything this week except i turned my in my clab at the last minute

14. This week I excelled on everything I finished everything on time and understood the notes I rate myself a 5/5 for this week

15. This week I would rate myself a 3/5. The cLAB that we were working on this week was not that hard. Molview was hard to figure out at first, but it got eaiser. I am having a hard time managing my time with the project. I have started researching for the project, but I still have a lot of work to do for it. I am going to work on it this weekend, and I will hopefully get a lot of work done on it .

16. This week I struggled with the double and triple bonds. I’m not doing well with setting up the elements. Once i get it organized I manage to get it right, but it’s the organization of the atoms that I’m struggling with. I felt I understood ionic bonding very well. I would rate myself 3/5 this week because I understood more than half of the material learned. I was also a bit confused on some of the problems for the c-lab because the carbon kept disappearing. Overall, this week was a bit challenging.

17. This week i rate myself a 3/5. I did very well with the new material we learned in class today but I’m having a hard time finding time to start on the project.

18. This week has been a great one for me. My triumph has been understanding the Lewis structures and doing well on the lab. The struggle I had for the week was not giving myself enough time to work on the project. Overall, I would give myself a 4/5 stars for the week.

19. I would rate myself a 3/5 for the week. I do okay with the Lewis structures but i think that after todays lesson and seeing the order that we place the dots that it’s a lot clearer. I did need a reminder that the number of valence electrons equals the number of dots we place. Now i need to make a timeline for the project.

20. I have improved some this week on understanding the Lewis structures but I still definitely need to work on it some more. My biggest struggle was the lab. I had a really difficult time understanding how to work it at first but I started to get the hang of it after a while.

21. This week I rate myself a 2/5. Even though I had baseball this week, I did a bad job with time management. I also struggled with the cLab. I need to learn from it and correct it next time.

22. This week I would rate myself a 4/5 I do good with all the structures and the new structures we learned today were easy. I need to start working on my project though

23. This week i would rate myself a 3/5 this week in chemistry. I waited way to long to start my lab. I’m going to start on the project this weekend. I also understood the bonding very good this week.

24. This week I would rate myself a 3.5/5 for this week in chemistry. I feel that I am understanding this chapter learning about the different types of bonds, and I feel that I understood the lab and did it correctly. One struggle this week for me was finding time to work on my chemistry project, but I plan to work on it this weekend.

25. I would rate myself a 1/5 in chemistry. I’m pretty confused about the Lewis structures and the extra stuff we are having to add is just making it more confusing. I think I did pretty good on the cLab and I hope I can catch on to the Lewis structure next week.

26. This week I did very well catching up on the lessons I missed Friday. I was able to understand and be ready for class on Monday. I also understood the cLAB and ionic compounds today. However I have yet to get a start on the chemistry project that I’m satisfied with. I plan on getting all my research done with in the next week and a half and begin writing.

27. This week I feel like I accomplished quite a bit. I don’t know if that is because we were required to finish a lab in two days or what but at the end of this week I get as if I had done something. I also missed Tuesday’s lesson but with good not taking on the vodcast I was able to catch back up. I recently started taking better notes and it seems to help.

28. This week has been a challenge to say the least but outta all the things we did, I have to say the Clab was really cool. I thought it was really cool to see how a molecule looks

29. this week was pretty easy with the lewis structure but the molecule lab was pretty time consuming. i need to learn to manage my time. i’d give myself a 3/5

30. This week in chemistry, I would rate myself a 4/5. I understand the lewis structures pretty well and have been working on them. The lab was a struggle for me at first, but I got the hang of it and I think I did well on it. Overall, I think i had a good week in chemistry.

31. This week in chemistry I understood everything we did very well. I did good on the lab and I look forward to next week

32. This week in chemistry I learned how to do lewis structures. I would rate myself a 4/5 because I understood the lewis structures but struggled on the lab at first.

33. this week i would rate myself a 4/5. I started of slow on figuring out how to find which atom goes in the center of the lewis structure. later with a lot of help i was able to do better. i also did good on my clab.

34. This week i would rate myself a 3/5. I am getting better at drawing lewis structures and understanding it more. I struggled at first with the clab but got the hang of it and was proud of how diligently i worked on it.

35. This week I would give myself a 3/5 because it has been hard keeping up from going on the choir trip. The lab was very cool and it helped me understand Lewis structures more

36. This week i learned how to draw lewis structures and i am ready good at them. i also did really good on the cLAB.

37. This week I would rate myself a 2/5 I understood the homework but I didn’t really get the molecular geometry on the lab next week I want to take better notes and listen more.

38. This week in chemistry I learned a lot about the different kinds of bonds and how to work the problems. They got easier throughout the week and the lab was really easy to me. I would rate myself a 10/10

39. This week I rate myself a 4/5. I kept up with homework and the content we learned about the different kinds of bonds, but I failed to complete the cLab we did. I need to find more time to complete my work.

40. I give myself a 4/5 becuase I understood what we learned very well. I just need to work harder. I also finished the lab but had trouble doing it

41. I would rate my a 4/5 for this week. I understood the lab very well and finished earlier than I usually do. I had trouble understanding the Lewis structure problems.

42. I would rate myself a 4/5 this week because I felt like I did very well on the cLab this week, as well as understanding Lewis Structures. Although, I did have trouble at first on which atom is the center atom in large compounds. Overall, I felt like I had a very successful week of chemistry.

43. This week, I would rate myself a 3/5. I had struggles with the lewis structures at the beggining of the week, but figured them out throughout the week. I also had a little trouble with the cLAB, but I eventually fixed it.

44. This week was really good. I understood the Lewis structures greatly. I did my lab in the first day and didn’t procrastinate. I also kept doing work on my project and feel like I’m getting a lot done I would rate myself a 4/5 because because I didn’t poorly in my organization skills.

45. This week I was doing pretty well b/c I am understanding the Lewis structure really well and the lab became pretty simple once I figured how to do it.

46. This week I would rate myself a 4/5. I am pretty confident doing Lewis structures and I have taken very good notes. I got far early on my project so I am feeling confident about that as well. My only problem this week was that I struggled with molecular geometry.

47. This week, I felt as though I was super productive when it came to managing my work for the project with all of my other classes. I managed to write up a rough draft format and story line for my project which gives me motivation that I will be able to do the project successfully if I manage my work like I have done this week. Also the lab this week on the computers was very helpful because it allowed me to have a visual demonstration of the structures of molecules, and how the shapes actual look in real life.

48. This week I’m really proud myself I did well not only understanding the lessons this week but managing my time with the CLAB. I’m also very proud of how far I’m gotten with the Project. I would rate myself a 4/5 this week.

49. This week I’ve had trouble with time management I got a lot of the homework done at the last minute. However I do understand the lesson we are learning well.