Chemistry 12-2-16 Assignment for Friday – Science In the News

To My Beautiful Chemistry Students: I miss you today! Here is the assignment for Friday:

How can chemistry – or science, technology, engineering, and mathematics be important to your everyday life? TONS of ways, and this year we’ll be using Science In the News to research just that!

IMPORTANT guidelines for the assignment:

• Find your article on the website sciencenewsforstudents.org
  • Make sure you pick an article you find interesting and that you understand!!
  • Make sure you pick an article that you can use to answer the questions on the Science In the News sheet. If there are questions you cannot answer with the type of article you have – pick another article!!!
  • The SItN assignment must be handwritten on notebook paper – you may write on the back

IMPORTANT #2: When you are finished today, put your laptop up in the correct slot and plug it in!!

38 thoughts on “Chemistry 12-2-16 Assignment for Friday – Science In the News

1. This week I feel like I improved my time management. I also feel like struggled a little bit on the vLab. I would rate myself a 3/5.

• This week I think that my strength was that I’ve rewatched the vodcasts when I haven’t understood something. My weakeness is that I need to practice them more often to get the hang of them more quickly.

2. This week I rate myself a 3/5 because I had a hard time understanding how to work problems I think I have been improving on my approach to longer problems and am beginning to study for the test.

3. This week was a good one for me. My triumph is that I did good on the test and understanding the new lessons for the week. My struggle was being confused on the vLAB at first, but now I understand it. I would rate myself a 3/5 stars.

4. this week i struggled on the vlab alot but now that i have been working with it i am begining to understand. another thing that I learned is i need to manage my time when i study for tests. so i have already started studying for next weeks test.

5. This week, I have been struggling with my vLab. I am confused on many of the questions. So, i’m going to try to reread and reread the instructions, and keep trying until i can understand. My goal is not to give up!

6. This week I would rate myself a 3/5. I understand polymers and monomers better than anything else we have learned. I am almost done with my vLab and I am starting my Science in the News.

7. This week I would rate myself a 3/5 stars. I understood the lesson that we learned on Monday and Tuesday but the vLab is a little bit challenging. Although, I am positive because of the extra credit we can get on the science in the news

8. This week in chemistry, I would rate myself a 3/5. At first, I didn’t understand the virtual lab, but I found out how to do it. I exceeded in doing Science in the News and understood the lesson Monday and Tuesday.

9. This week I struggled with the vlab, but I started understanding as time went on. I would rate myself 3/5. I triumphed when I finished my Science and the News for Monday

10. This week I’d rate myself a 4/5.

Triumph: I feel like I really understand the information and it’s comong to me really easy. I’m really interested in the stuff we are talking about so it’s enjoyable.

Struggle: I need to plan ahead more so I don’t have everything piled up.

11. Rate: 3/5
    This week I was out for the only two days that you were present at school, so when I came back it was a little difficult getting caught up. To add on to this you had to go on a trip and were not present for the continuation of the week. However even though with these circumstances I was able to get all of the work done that was assigned this week and understand the material that was new. The new lessons showed the importance of knowing information that we have learned previously instead of just memorizing it because it will be brought up later in the year except with new materials that you must add on to the already known information. I learned the importance of not just memorizing facts but actually learning all the material. Even with the difficulties this week contained I felt triumph that I was able to get it all done and understand it too!

12. this week in chemistry, i would rate myself a 4/5. missing monday was difficult because i had to spend more time on everything then i would if i was at school. tuesday and wednesday was a lot better!! I read the vlab prior to the class period and breezed past the vlab. i consider it a success. today was a success as well, because i read my article before class and knew how to answer the questions when i stepped into class. we missed ms. skinner very much! one thing i can improve is watching the vodcast and listening thouroghly. overall it was a fantastic week.

13. This week I would rate myself a 4/5. I understood the lessons on Monday and Tuesday and that made me happy! I got confused on the vlab but I will read the instructions again to help me figure it out. Overall this has been a great week!

14. This week I would rate myself a 4/5. I think I am doing well in the vlab but in need to keep up with it and not wait until the last minute.

15. This week in chemistry I would rate myself a 4/5 I think I’m starting to understand everything and I’m ready for the test

16. This week I feel like i got a good understanding on empirical formulas which will help me out later. I struggled with the vlab a little but i figured it out

17. This week i would rate myself a 4/5. I watched the vodcast about empirical formulas that i missed so that was good. I struggled with the vLab but i have confidence that i will finish it well.

18. This week in chemistry I learned how to do empirical formulas. I struggled with the vLAB but I figured it out. I would rate myself a 4/5 because I think I understand most of the material.

19. This week i understood everything with empirical formulas, but I struggled when it came to the vlab. I would rate myself a 4/5 for the week.

20. This week we learned how to do the empirical formulas. I wasn’t at school wednesday and thursday but out of the week i was there i would rate myself a 3/5. i struggled a little with remembering the steps to the empirical formula but finally got the hang of it.

21. This week I rate myself a 3/5. I struggled with the long problems but I think after working on them I have gotta better. The vLab was pretty difficult but I think I got it right after going through it a couple times.

22. this week i rate myself 3/5. when i was doing the virtual lab i struggled on figuring out how to do the lab. I was not able to finish but i was able to figure out how to do it at the end.

23. I would rate my self a 4/5 this week. I studied very hard for the test and made a very good grade, I am looking back at things, working old problems in preparation for the exam and I feel very confident as I finish out the semester.

24. This week i would rate myself a 4/5. Although I did poorly on the test, I understand the empirical formula very well. I also struggled first on the vLab but I understand it better now. I was also proud of how quickly and efficiently i got my work done today.

25. This week I rate myself a 4/5. I took very good notes on polymers. I feel confident working problems to find empirical formulas and I also understand the VLab.

26. I rate myself a 3/5 this week because I was out for the days we learned new material but I colaught on after watching the vodcasts.

27. This week I rate myself a 3/5 because I struggled a little with the vlab but understood it the second time I watched it. I’m getting better with time management as well.

28. I was confused on the vLab but other than that I understand the whole lesson well the conversions were easy I just need to learn the steps. I rate myself a 3/5 on the week.

29. I give myself a 2 out of 5 becuase I couldn’t finish the lab cause I wasn’t here Thursday, and I was tired all week and couldn’t pay Attention to anything. I did watch the vodcast and understnad it Alittle.

30. I would rate myself a 3/5 this week. I feel that I did good job on understanding the lesson this week but I didn’t understand the vlab very well. I also did a good job on time management and studying better.

31. this week i would rate myself a 2.5/5. the lab was confusing to me but i think i’m starting to understand it more. my time management also was not the best this week. hopefully next week will be better.

32. This week in chemistry I struggled with the blab because I didn’t understand the instructions. However I know the science in the news assignment is an easy grade and can always help my grade in chemistry.

33. This week in chemistry I did a great job of understanding the VLab and understanding how to do it and how to get answers from it.
    I did a great job of problem solving and did good in writing the science in the news. I did struggle with technology at first with the vlab but concurred it.

34. This week i struggled with the vlab because I’m really confused on what i have to do. I did do my science in the news and my extra credit so i have achieved on that.

35. This week I rate myself a 4/5 because I did very well on my lab Thursday I struggled with getting my exam study guide done but I plan to accomplish a lot this weekend.