Chemistry 8-30-16 Accuracy and Precision & Intro to Significant Figures

CHEMISTRY – So which is more important, accuracy or precision? Great discussion on causes of error in the lab and how to prevent them! Watch out on this particular vodcast – I almost did one of the examples wrong. See if you can find it before I corrected the mistake!

So you’ve been using been using significant figures all along when you were measuring in the lab! Now the other half – using them in calculations will be no big deal at all!

Hey – how are the Scavenger hunt and the thLab going? Be sure and read the post above this one on thLAB: Building Your Balance. AND make double sure you give yourself plenty of time!!

And in the middle of all of this lab stuff – don’t forget to be studying for the SI quiz!!

UPDATE: I’ve replaced the vodcast with a new/old one that hopefully has better audio!

Chemistry 8-28-15 Accuracy and Precision & Intro to Significant Figures from Tammy Skinner on Vimeo.

flickr photo by jambe

2 thoughts on “Chemistry 8-30-16 Accuracy and Precision & Intro to Significant Figures

1. This week I triumphed in memorizing SI units. I came up with a good memory tool.
    I made flashcards and read through the tables in the book. I feel like this will help me when I begin doing conversions. It will also make it easier to do scientific notation.

2. This week I would rate myself as a 3 out of 5 stars. I say this because I triumphed over a few things, but still struggled throughout this week. I triumphed over learning big at a fast pace in the classroom. I could always understand what we would do during the lesson. However, my week’s struggle is how fast my note taking skills are. Like I said before, I can keep up mentally, but I don’t write fast enough. My solution to this problem is just to be at a faster-pace and paraphrase during my note taking though.