Chemistry 5-3-16 Activity Series, Double Replacement & Combustion Rxns

CHEMISTRY: Wow! Can you believe we finished all 17! Here’s the lecture on the rest of the activity series and double replacement and combustion reactions. Now that you’ve got everything on paper, it’s time to practice!

Need some extra help? Help session? Let me know and I’ll be glad to schedule one!

Chemistry 5-3-16 Activity Series, Double Replacement & Combustion Rxns from Tammy Skinner on Vimeo.

href=”https://vimeo.com”>Vimeo.

61 thoughts on “Chemistry 5-3-16 Activity Series, Double Replacement & Combustion Rxns

1. This week i rate myself a 4/5 because after class was over I wasn’t only able to state facts, but apply what i had learned. For example, on the quiz today i couldn’t remember one of the answers to a rule, but i was able to make a sample problem and work it to come up with what i think was the right answer. Also, i inferred that the red stuff forming on the aluminum wire in lab was copper by the equation. I think that this chapter is very different than anything we’ve learned this year, but what we’ve learned so far must be applied in this chapter to be successful with the new learning.

2. This week I would rate myself a 3/5. I did fairly well balancing equations but have been struggling to remember the 17 chemical reactions. Although I studied for today’s quiz, I am not sure how well I did on it. Also, I came to class unprepared today. Overall this week has not been the best but I am however pleased with my understanding of how to balance equations.

3. Today we had a 17 types of chemical reactions quiz and I felt I had prepared myself well for it. There were a couple I wasn’t sure about, but then the rest I was pretty confident. We have a test next Tuesday and I need to make sure I am very prepared for it. I need to practice balancing chemical equations. That is the thing that I have been struggling with lately. This week I would rate myself a 3 out of 5 because I felt somewhat prepared for my quiz.

4. This week in class I learned about all the different types of chemical reactions. I memorized them all and I think I did good on my quiz today. I would rate myself a 4 out of 5 for this week becuase I was prepared for this week and did good on my lab. From the lab I learned how single replacement reactions took place and found it very intresting!

5. This week i expanded my knowlegde on the tyoes lf chemical equations. Coming into this week I wasnt sure how it would play out. Now however ive seen that woth notes and time and studys that anything is able to be taught.

6. This week in chemistry I would rate myself a 4/5. I struggled with balancing chemical equations when we first started but now that we have done more worksheets it seems much easier. The 17 rules help a lot and I believe that I have prepared myself for this next week with much practice.

7. Chemistry has gotten very interesting as we have come to the end of the year. We are throwing it back to learning about states of matter, but going way more in depth in how changes of states occurs. We also are doing (or at least planning on haha) doing lots of labs this week. Although some of the equipment hasn’t come in yet, we did a lab on changing water’s properties. It was very interesting to have 110 degrees Celsius water! I look forward to the labs we are going to do in the future, and I will be sure to study hard for the exam coming up soon!

8. This week in chemistry we are learning about gases and the different states they can occur. We are learning through many different activities and cool experiments, which really helps me understand how these things happen and why they happen. Visual work really helps me and so that’s why this week, everything is becoming much easier. I am ready to prepare and study for the exam and to complete the whole exam packet to help me even more!

9. This week we had a test on balancing equations. Then we learned about the Kinetic theory and the properties of gases and pressure. I would rate myself a 5/5 this week because I feel like I was prepared for the test this week and I feel like I got a good grade on it. I felt like I understood how to balance equations correctly and I knew the rules better for the test than I did for the quiz.

10. This week we are thinking about some of the things we have learned about in the past. This is showing me to never forget something that we learn in class because it could come back up again at anytime. We are also learning about the gas laws, and the gases properties. I am remembering some of the information from the past but not all of it. I liked the hot air balloon experiment showing how gas reacts with different elements. When there was heat in the balloon it reacted with the air and rose. I rate myself 3 out of 5 stars this week on learning in chemistry.

11. This week we learned about the kinetic theory and the properties of gases and pressure. I thought it was interesting how pressure effects different objects. I would rate myself a 4/5 this week.