Physics 11-23-15 Problems Review – Machines, Work, Consv. of Energy . . .

PHYSICS: I love to watch you problem solving together! Since we only did one of the problems on the board, I found a couple of old vodcasts that have others you might find helpful later on.

The first vodcast below is the review of the problems #46 – crate pulled up the incline from the machines homework and #47 – ski acrobat from chapter 5. Below that are the problems #22 – circus monkey on the incline, #21 – diver steps off a diving board, and #46 – a skier is pulled up a slope.

PHYSICS 12-3-14 Help Session: #46 – A Crate and #47 – An Acrobat on Skiis from Tammy Skinner on Vimeo.

flickr photo by William Hall

…and from today’s class:

PHYSICS 12-3-14 #22 – A Circus Monkey, #21 – A Diver, and #46 – A Skier from Tammy Skinner on Vimeo.

flickr photo by SabrinaDay Photo

12 thoughts on “Physics 11-23-15 Problems Review – Machines, Work, Consv. of Energy . . .

1. Triumph: I think I did pretty well on the test today. The labs helped me better understand efficiency. I can’t wait for this next chapter

2. The efficiency lab we did this week was a good way to put my skills to the test! I analyzed the load and effort of various simple machines in order to find the most efficient way to get work done. It was a perfect way to prepare for the test that we took today!

3. I give myself a 4 out of 5 for this week. I felt really good about the lab and test this week. The work and power problems were much more straightforward to me, and I hope the next chapter’s problems are about the same.

4. Rate: I give myself a 4/5 for the week, too. I studied hard last night for today’s test, so I feel pretty good about it! Some of the multiple choice questions were tricky though… I think either #4 or #5 was the one that stumped me, but luckily, I finally figured it out thanks to my formula card!

5. I am very pleased with how the test went today. I think I might have actually done pretty well. I usually struggle with having enough time to finish the problems, so I mixed it up today and answered the problems first. It worked well. Now onto lab write-ups and studying for the exam. Good luck, everyone! 🙂

6. Thankful for the lab we did monday to help prepare me for the upcoming test! Gonna study hard in hopes of making a really good grade.

7. I think I did really well on the test we took this week! I feel like I will be really prepared for the exam as well, as the concepts have been building on one another this whole semester!

8. Reflection/Rate: I feel like I did good this week while I was here, but I was not here enough, so I give myself a 2/5 and will study hard for this test and the rest of the nine weeks.

9. This week I got alot out of our review day and I am studying hard for our upcoming test on monday. I am also working hard on putting my lab reports together.

10. Triumph: we finished the work and energy chapter and I feel like I really understand it. The class discussion before the test helped a lot!

11. I feel like I did well on the test; however, usually that is bad luck! I understood the concepts really well just hoping I made no careless mistakes.

12. I would rate myself a 4 out of 5 this week. I thought I did fairly well on the design challenge but just couldn’t get my ideas to work because of the cheap materials!