Hon Chemistry 1-14-15 Quantum Numbers & Electron Configuration

HON CHEMISTRY: Wow, you did a great job today! Did quantum numbers start making more sense once you are started using them? Good work today on orbital notation and electron configuration notation. I think you’re going to be seeing arrows and numbers in your sleep!

Don’t forget to use the Aufbau “chart” that you learned to draw!! We’ll move on to some short cuts tomorrow!

HON CHEMISTRY 1-13-14 Quantum Numbers & Orbital Notation from Tammy Skinner on Vimeo.

flickr photo by Iguana Jo

3 thoughts on “Hon Chemistry 1-14-15 Quantum Numbers & Electron Configuration

1. I really enjoyed chemistry this week! I would rate myself around an 8 out of 10 because the emission lines and electromagnetic spectrum still confuses me; however, I’m starting to get the hang of it!

2. I would rate my self 3.5 out of 5 for this week because I have begun to figure out the electromagnetic spectrum, but I still need a lot more practice on quantum numbers and electron configuration. However I have made a lot of improvement on it through the course of the week.

3. would rate myself a 3 out of 5 for this week. The Flame Test lab went very well for me and my awesome lab partner (Hannah Felder) and I feel like I learned how to apply many of the things we have learned about the chemical properties of metals and the electromagnetic spectrum! But, I have struggled with some of the concepts in this chapter like the quantum numbers and arrangement of electrons in atoms. I’m going to study everything in the chapter much more thoroughly in order to get all of the information organized in my mind!