Chemistry 10-23-14 Binary Molecular Formulas

CHEMISTRY: Do you feel like you have letter and numbers swimming in your eyes? This is one of those times that paying attention to details is super, super important! Here’s the lecture from today on writing formulas and names for binary molecular compounds. Part of it’s really similar to what you learned to do last week for ionic compounds, but another part is totally different. Details!!

Make sure you keep everything straight. Do something that will organize all the information for you, so you won’t get confused. Also, don’t forget the lists you have to memorize, especially the one for MONDAY – polyatomic ions!! And practice, practice, practice!!!

IMPORTANT: YES! You still re-do this questions, even though we did them in classs today! #21, 23, 41 from the end of the chapter.

Help Session tomorrow morning, 7:15ish A.M.!

CHEMISTRY 10-23-14 Binary Molecular Formulas from Tammy Skinner on Vimeo.

flickr photo by Roger Smith

_________________________________________________________

30 thoughts on “Chemistry 10-23-14 Binary Molecular Formulas

1. Thank you for going over problems 21, 23, and 41 with us. It really helped me better understand the concept of writing the chemical formulas and naming them.

2. I learned so much this week such as cation loses an electron (postive) and also an anion gains electrons (negative) Going over the problems such as 21, 33, 41 helped me undertsand the chapter better thank you so much.

3. This week, I have learned so much. I learned how to write chemical formulas and how to name them. Thank you so much for teaching me how to learn this. I will use this later down the road and apply these skills.

4. In class this week, I have learned so much about writing chemical names and their formulas. Practicing them in class has helped me understand how to do them on the homework.

5. I have learned so much this week in class about naming chemicals. It has really helped me understand the homework and the problems in our book.

6. Thanks for the helpful reminder and thanks for the that we have learned this week about chemical formulas and ions. this helped me with the homework tonight.

7. It has been a crazy week! I have learned so much these past few days. As I am doing the homework, I realize how important it is to be familiar with all the ions. It would make doing the homework a little easier. Thank you for the video! Doing the problems in class today helped me understand the material a lot better!

8. This week I’ve learned so much about chemical names and formulas. The homework this week really helped me with practicing them.

9. I have learned so much this week about naming and writing chemical formulas. the problems in our book for homework and when you go over them in class with us has helped me understand a lot better!

10. This really helped me understand what we did in class today. I think I actually understand how to write chemical formulas.

11. I was kinda confused at the beginning of the week but thanks for clearing my mind and helping me understand the elements more by taking important notes.

12. Thank you for all the helpful hints to learn all of this information. It makes it a little easier to learn the formulas and chemical names.