Hon Chemistry 4-15-14 Limiting Reactants

HON CHEMISTRY: So if you have 11 roller wheels, how many roller blade skates can you make? You know, really, limiting reactant is almost that simple. Well, the concept is anyway! You deal with limiting reactants in your life all the time. Now we’re just applying that same concept with chemical reactions! 🙂

WEDNESDAY HOMEWORK really is the work on the syllabus. It’s the limiting reactant problems from yesterday – go back and check your notes and/or watch the vodcast if you are having trouble! Help session?

HON CHEMISTRY 4-15-14 Limiting Reactants from Tammy Skinner on Vimeo.

flickr photo by muffytyrone

___________________________________________________

11 thoughts on “Hon Chemistry 4-15-14 Limiting Reactants

1. Miss Skinner! I have learned so much this week. But I still have a lot of trouble with Lewis Structures. Are there any tips I can use while drawing Lewis Structures? And I also have trouble with figuring out the Geometric Structures – help would be amazing!

2. The Project was so much work, so I’m glad that it’s over. But because it was so difficult, it gives me a sense of accomplishment.

3. I think I am finally understanding limiting reactants. I think a help session would be great to have before the test!

4. How many tabs are we suggested to have on our Weebly site? I couldn’t quite remember the amount we discussed in class.

5. When we made the cookies I do think that the heat from the oven did change the effects of the limiting reactant. And in the lab today I wonder why all of our percent yeilds were so low.

6. I really learned a lot from the take home lab. It helped be better understand limiting reactants which helped prepare me for the test.

7. The formula variations for the ideal gas law are going to be very helpful in solving problems. The examples today in class and from the take home lab really helped me to better understand the concept of pressure.