Chemistry Lab Safety Project

Hey guys – Good luck on finishing your lab safety project! If you have any questions, post them in the comments section below and I’ll comment back. Don’t forget that the project is due on Wednesday, no exceptions. If you can’t be here, make sure you have someone bring your project. Also, if you’ve lost your project sheet, you can find another copy of it up at the top under the Projects tab and in the section over on the bottom right – under “Good Stuff”, or on Edline. Make sure you check it very carefully to see that you’ve met all the requirements of the project! Have a great rest of the weekend!

Lab safety

29 thoughts on “Chemistry Lab Safety Project

1. Hey Ms. Skinner! Kimberlee and I are working on our project and we wanted to know what your definition of 3D is because we have pipe cleaners and and goggly eyes we were going to use but wanted to check with you before using them.

• Natalie – If it’s something you’d see in a magazine or on a poster in a subway or on a bus, then yes, if not no. I want the emphasis on the extra credit for the poster to be more about it being interactive. Does that make sense? Good luck!

2. Mrs. Skinner when i get pictures for my board should they all be colored or can a few be black and white when getting them off the internet.

• Corey – Hmmmm…., that depends on the picture. Remember, you don’t want to just go and get ordinary pics off the Internet. Your project should crank it up a notch – or several notches.

3. Hey Ms. Skinner,
    I wasn’t sure or not if we can use information that isn’t in our safety packets, like the internet or our books to find information.

Thank you!

4. If I made a video how would you like that to be presented in class? On a DVD or flashdrive or we can pull it up on Youtube? Whichever one.

• Danielle – I think Youtube would be easiest, but you might want to make a backup copy on a DVD or a flash drive just in case. Good luck!

5. Hey ms. Skinner, i forgot to ask but you said if we could roll the poster up then its ok. Well if it’s foam board but it’s the right size is that ok or do we need to buy more poster?

6. Hey ms. Skinner, sorry ny phone auto corrected. I forgot to ask but you said if we could roll the poster up then its ok. Well if it’s foam board but it’s the right size is that ok or do we need to buy more poster?

• Carly – That’s okay, I completely understand computers and phones that have a mind of their own!! Foam board that is the right size is okay. I was using the “see if you can roll it up” example only for people who were checking if their illustrations would be counted as 3-D. Holler again if that doesn’t make sense. Good luck!!

7. Hey Ms.Skinner
    Is there a specific place that I need to put the heading (name and class) on my poster project?

8. Hey Mrs. Skinner! Quick question, If there are only 2 people in a docudrama, is it supposed to be 3 to 5 minutes? Because i heard from someone that if you had 2 people it had to be 5 to 7.

• Nirali – Make sure you look at the project sheet to find the exact times. It’s different this year from last year, so I want to make sure you have the right project sheet. It’s 3 – 5 minutes for more than one rule. Good luck!!

• Thanks Ms. Skinner! I was just making sure. It didn’t say the date on the project sheet so i don’t know if i have last year’s by mistake.

9. Hey Ms. Skinner! So my partner is not communicate with me at the moment about our project and i don’t know what to do..

10. Hey Ms. Skinner!This project was fun! I think we should do more of these instead of taking tests 🙂 I can’t wait to see me and Ashley’s grade!

11. Pingback: Using edublogs.org within the classroom « Felicity's EST430 blog